The administrative clerk is an essential component of the communications department. This position is the first contact visitors and callers have with the hospital. Some of the essential functions of the administrative clerk role are:
- Responsible for handling front office reception and general administrative duties.
- Serves visitors, vendors and other outside guests by greeting, welcoming and directing them appropriately.
- Notify facility personnel of visitor’s arrival.
- Maintain security by following established procedures including monitoring guest logbook and issuing visitor badges, if required.
- Keep track of inventory
- Answer and transfer telephone calls or take messages.
- Handle facility inquiries and provide general information
The hours for this position will vary. Must be able to work anytime between 8:00 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. Monday through Friday or 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Additionally, this position will assist with holiday coverage.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)