What you will do
Under general direction is responsible for the sale of Johnson Controls Building Solutions offerings to mechanical contractors, designers and consulting engineers. Promote the Johnson Controls value proposition to construction community by providing business and technical solutions. Builds and manages long term customer relationships/partnerships with assigned accounts. Responsible for customer satisfaction and loyalty while working in conjunction with operations partners.
Executes the sales process to aid in cultivating and managing long-term relationships and in seeking out, qualifying and closing new sales opportunities. Utilizes sales tools to plan and document sales progress as well as increase business opportunities across all assigned accounts. Seeks to expand the depth and breadth of Johnson Controls offerings sold within assigned accounts. Actively participates as a member on select account teams on key and target customer accounts. May lead the account team (market customer leader) on assigned target and key accounts where significant growth opportunities exist and more robust expertise is required from others to solidify the opportunity. Seeks to continually develop sales skills and to enhance knowledge of the JCI product and service offerings.
How you will do it
- Sells, with minimal supervision, the Johnson Controls offerings persuasively, persistently and confidently to all members of the construction community to include contractors, consultants and designers while reaching optimal profit levels.
- Utilizes applicable sales tools effectively to plan and document progress as well as increase business opportunity in accounts. Leverages Johnson Controls sales process to close sales quickly. Manages the high activity of the pipeline in the managed system with a focus on sales phase, close date, and probability of a close as well as other pertinent information.
- Builds partnering relationships within the construction community responsible for the decision-making process to drive the sale of Johnson Control offerings. Actively listens, probes, identifies concerns, and understands the customer's business cycle. Demonstrates technical and business expertise and maintains a high level of credibility. Garners loyalty, trust and commitment from the customer.
- Understands and leverages the sales process outcomes as well as demonstrates evidence of advancing the sell. Shares technical knowledge plus business expertise with the customer to match the solution to the customer’s operational need and favorably position Johnson Controls.
- Differentiates Johnson Controls services and products from competitors by applying creativity, ingenuity, and innovation in a value added sales approach.
- Positively and credibly influences strategies with the construction community. Frequently creates competitive, high quality and timely estimates, proposals, and cost/benefit analysis. Effectively writes, and presents proposals. Negotiates value, addresses resistance and closes the sale. Differentiates Johnson Controls Building Solutions as a total building environment supplier.
- Acts as the customer’s advocate in interactions with Johnson Controls to ensure the customer obtains the best value from Johnson Controls offerings. Sets appropriate customer expectations of Johnson Controls.
What we look for Require
- At least 3 years successfully selling HVAC and/or building automation systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or comparable field experience.
- Excellent initiative and interpersonal communications skills.
- Demonstrates a commitment to integrity and quality in business.
- At least 5 years successfully selling HVAC and building automation systems.
- Knowledge of HVAC Equipment (Chillers, AHUs, RTU, VRF…).
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Systems Account Executive -HVAC Equipment
. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Systems Account Executive -HVAC Equipment