Messer Construction Co. is an award-winning construction manager and general contractor that provides leadership for complex commercial building projects. An employee-owned company, Messer now stands as one of the nation’s leading health care and higher education builders. Messer’s footprint has grown to ten regional offices located across the Midwest and Southeast: Charlotte & Raleigh, North Carolina; Columbus, Cincinnati, & Dayton, Ohio; Louisville and Lexington, Kentucky; Indianapolis, Indiana; and Knoxville & Nashville, Tennessee. Messer employees live where they work, resulting in the company’s sustained commitment to building better communities.
Messer is seeking a Virtual Construction Engineer to be responsible for supporting our overall vision for Virtual Design and Construction.
Responsibilities are as follows:
• Develop, integrate, coordinate, and manage digital models for design, construction, and field use during construction.
• Produce and maintain 3D models throughout the life of a project.
• Coordinate with project team members to assist in the management of shop drawing/model production.
• Map 3D models to the building schedule for simulation.
• Review 3D models produced by architects and/or engineers and evaluate conformance to schematic design, design development or construction document requirements.
• Coordinate and prepare models with Estimating for quantity extraction to enable Model Based Cost Planning
• Help refine and manage our BIM application capabilities, training programs, and provide training support to our operations staff leveraging Virtual Design and Construction applications.
• Coordinate and prepare models with field engineers to export layout points for use with field survey equipment
• Coordinate and prepare point cloud/UAV data to work with design and construction model progression.
• Prepare models for AR/VR to be used in the field
• Create models, model animations, video etc to support project requirements and pursuits.
• Prepare models to be used for safety planning
• Research, develop and implement a documented best practice process for the use of supporting new Virtual Construction technologies as part of the delivery of construction services.
• Act as a resource to prime subcontractors utilizing Virtual Design and Construction to coordinate MEP and structural trades, including technical information and process support.
• Bachelor degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction majors.
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees
• Must have strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
• Must be a motivated self-starter and have the ability to handle multiple tasks
• Must be able to work overtime and travel to Messer regions as needed
• Experienced in the production of design documents and design detail drawing.
• Experience in producing 3D models and 2D construction documentation.
o Possess all auditory, speaking and communicating capabilities
o Ability to review and understand contract documents (Drawings and specifications)
o Ability to work and produce quality deliverables in design authoring tools
o Physical requirements: sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting, climbing, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 25lbs., seeing and reading
All Messer employees are required to comply with our Substance Abuse Prevention Policy as a condition of employment. Messer may condition offers of employment upon taking and passing of a post-offer/pre-employment drug screen.
We provide an excellent and comprehensive compensation package with unlimited opportunity for personal and professional growth. If you would like to join our team of employee-owners and are interested in a challenging and rewarding career, please visit our website at http://www.messer.com/careers.
Messer is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Messer is committed to a diverse workforce.