To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sioux Falls, SD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Certified Nursing Assistant
Primrose Retirement Communities, LLC • Sioux Falls, SD
Posted 1 month ago
1 Full-Time, Day Shift Available
1 Part-Time, Evening Shift Available
1-3 Years Work Experience
Responsible for resident services and other duties as assigned. Duties may include personal care services, housekeeping, laundry, social-recreational activities, meal services, and other delegated and/or assigned tasks as needed for resident well-being. Reports to Director of Nursing, Executive Director, and/or designee.
- Adheres to and conveys to the following Primrose mission statement: Through the commitment of our investors and dedicated staff, our daily focus is to develop and maintain happy and healthy living environments and provide a "person-centered" care approach for our growing senior population.
- Receives report from the previous shift and gives report to next shift.
- Reviews assignments with designated supervisor (staff nurse and/or Director of Nursing).
- Reads the staff communication records and maintains familiarity with resident records as required.
- Assists with orientation of new staff to job responsibilities as needed.
- Assists with instrumental activities of daily living, ADL's, environmental orientation, and other care while encouraging self-care and independence.
- Assists with dining room set up, serving meals, and dining room and kitchen clean up.
- Provides services as indicated on resident service plans.
- Assists with laundry service.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and follows infection control procedures.
- Maintains clean, neat, comfortable, safe environment for residents, staff, and visitors, including housekeeping services for residents.
- Observes and reports appropriately any noted problems, concerns, and/or issues noted with resident apartments, the community or grounds.
- Observes changes in resident status, needs or preferences and communicates appropriately.
- Observes all work, safety and administrative rules. Comply with OSHA standard and regulations. Know the potential hazards of any chemicals used and the proper personal protective equipment required. Use personal protective equipment as directed by Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Adheres to all established policies and procedures and Employee Handbook.
- Document resident information as required.
- Avoids loss, breakage and waste of supplies and equipment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adheres to procedures for fire, life safety, disaster, security, work, safety and other emergency situations.
- Assists with individual Resident and group social recreational activities as appropriate.
- Notifies nurse of resident status change as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned which may include: general cleaning of nurses' station, public restrooms, laundry rooms, hallways, kitchen, dining room, and storage rooms.
- Willingness to adhere to Primrose assisted living values in providing services.
- Ability/willingness to perform all position responsibilities adequately.
- Keeps all information confidential.
- Maintains acceptable attendance record/follows work schedule.
- Displays cleanliness, good grooming, personal appearance and follows dress requirements consistently.
- Organizes and utilizes time appropriately toward accomplishing assigned tasks; requires minimal supervision.
- Displays mature behavior and attitude in speech and action.
- Displays ability/willingness to learn new skills and to teach others.
- Interacts in professional manner with residents, public, and co-workers. Works cooperatively with management. Displays willingness to assist co-workers when situation requires.
- Ability to do occasional heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.), 30 lbs. regularly.
- Adequate and clear English speaking and writing ability; able to communicate effectively.
- Ability to spend long periods on feet and to ambulate quickly.
- Is free of non-treated communicable disease.
- CPR/First Aid certified per state regulations.
- Ability to work safely and to recognize potentially dangerous situations.
- Ability/willingness to follow all policies and procedures.
- Is neat, accurate, dependable and keeps work/space clean.
- Ability/willingness to work longer than eight (8) hour shift, to work holidays or overtime, to work seven (7) day schedule.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
One year experience in working with older adults preferred. CPR/First Aid certified per state regulations. CNA certification per state regulations.
Minimum of High School Diploma or GED required. Certification as a CNA per state regulations. Attendance at mandatory monthly in-service training. Maintain CPR/First Aid certification per state regulations. Meet in-service training hours required for job classification and position.
PRIMROSE RETIREMENT COMMUNITIES is an equal opportunity employer