Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position is part-time, 29 hours per week, Monday – Friday during the day time.
As a Patient Service Representative, you will be working in a collaborative office environment alongside other medical professionals.
- Greet patients as they arrive and manage wait time
- Assist patients with intake processes including copying required documents
- Collect co-payments, co-insurance and deductibles and issues receipts
- Manage cashier box and daily deposits according to company policies
- Process walk-in patients and visitors
- Answer phones and schedule appointments
- Manage medical records (maintains, files/scans, prepares for schedule)
- Ensure all correspondence is scanned and/or filed in timely manner
- Process requests for medical records release and maintain appropriate logs, etc.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Customer service or healthcare experience
- Ability to commute to office location/s
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Experience with medical front office tasks such as patient registration, billing and coding, scheduling, electronic medical records (EMR), prior authorizations, referrals, healthcare customer service/call center and insurance verification
- Proven understanding of medical terminology
- Experience using NextGen EMR, Microsoft Outlook and clinical databases
- Medical certifications including CMAA, CEHRS, CBCS, CPCT/A, and CPR
Proof of immunity to vaccine-preventable diseases is an employment requirement
Opportunities with American Health Network, part of Optum. When you join American Health Network (AHN), you become part of a team that strives to identify and retain the top healthcare professionals in the markets it serves. At American Health Network, we want to be the best health care organization we can be. Our mission is to improve the health of our patients. We’re a physician-led organization, operating over 70 medical offices in Indiana and Ohio, with over 300 providers and 1200 employees. We’re also part of Optum, in the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, and backed by the resources of a global health care organization working to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone. That’s an important differentiator as more people need our help simplifying the complexities of the American health care system. At the same time, the culture of AHN supports work-life flexibility for employees and places a high value on their physical, emotional, financial and other aspects of well-being. Find out what it means to be part of an exceptional company that values its employees, its role in health care, and making a difference one patient at a time. Take a look at American Health Network and explore a new path to your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Patient Care Coordinator, Patient Service Representative, Customer Service, Clinic, Clinical Administrative Coordinator, Medical Office, Receptionist, Customer Service, Customer Service Representative, Medical Receptionist, Medical Front Office, Patient Care, Medical, Healthcare, Admitting and Registration Clerk, Health Care, Patient Access Representative, AHN, American Health Network, Optum, OptumCare, Hilliard, OH, Ohio