Who we want
Teammates. Partners who listen to ideas, share thoughts and work together to move the business forward.
Charismatic networkers. Relationship-savvy people who intentionally make connections with both internal partners and external contacts. You will be the face of Stryker!
Life learners. People who want to learn, grow and develop within Stryker’s broad scope of opportunities. This is a company you can grow with!
Self starter. People who thrive in an autonomous work atmosphere. Go getter mentality.
Customer-oriented achievers. Representatives with an unparalleled work ethic and customer-focused attitude who bring value to their partnerships.
What you will do
- Train on Recon and Trauma product lines in preparation for on-call responsibilities
- Inspect products or materials for damage, defects, or shortages.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Prepare product for scheduled surgeries.
- Interact with the team during service level investigations.
- Assist in FQMS compliance.
- Maintain warehouse organization to avoid product errors.
- Use computers to maintain accurate account records and shipment of inventory.
- Support management in preparation for branch audits.
- Additional account-abilities include:
- Processing incoming orders for materials, merchandise, or services;
- Informing customers of receipt, shipping, and delays;
- Handling urgent requests.
- Tracking inventory and maintaining accurate records.
- Review overdue shipment returns and partner with dispatcher to schedule the return.
What you need
- High School diploma
- Prefer Assoc Degree or equivalent work experience
- 1+ year Warehouse/Inventory Control experience in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Valid Driver’s license with good driving record.
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and methods for product or order fulfillment. This includes situational needs assessment, product usage, and inventory control systems and processes.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills (e.g. Outlook, Excel, Access, ERP, and Word).
- Demonstrated phone skills; ability to maintain composure in stressful situations.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with ability to successfully communicate verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Must have the ability to work flexible hours, as needed to support the business needs, including weekend and evening call as needed.
- Must be able and willing to work successfully in a team environment.
Work From Home: No
Travel Percentage: None
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.