To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY 10019
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Director of Accounting and Finance
Kforce Finance and Accounting • New York, NY
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce's client, a leading e-Commerce company that also has fantastic environmentally friendly mission, is seeking its first Director of Accounting and Finance in New York, New York (NY). Duties will include:
- Ownership of all aspects of company financial planning and accounting
- Manage monthly financial closes
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to support key company initiatives
- Establish and maintain accounting policies and procedures, as well as identify new policies and areas of improvement
- Manage our insurance policy portfolio
- Maintain chart of accounts, departments, and locations to support financial reporting and meet the needs of management
- Develop and implement strategies to improve accounting processes for inventory valuation, company purchasing, and accounting system configurations
- Create and manage dynamic and scalable financial models, developing compelling outputs that track business metrics and performance on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Provide integral support on key team deliverables, including annual and quarterly budgeting, annual operating and strategic planning, financial re-projections, and both internal and external business reporting
- Support development of board and investor presentations to facilitate management discussions and articulate the company's strategic vision
- Lead identification and support for high-impact special projects across the entire organization, collaborating closely with business owners from other departments
- Provide analytical and strategic support for ad hoc analyses (focusing more on the why than the what)
- Take on a key role in the integration of new planning tools
- Perform treasury functions
- Oversee personnel and human resource policies and procedures
- Report to CEO
- CPA or equivalent
- Equipped with 3-5 years of relevant work experience (ideal candidates will have experience working in a highly analytical role at a top-tier management consulting firm, investment bank, accounting firm-and/or in a financial operating role within a fast-growing subscription-based ecommerce consumer products company
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, with the thorough accounting knowledge required to build comprehensive financial models
- Naturally curious with a passion for problem-solving using data and analytics
- Able to work with large amounts of data and detail without losing sight of the big picture
- A self-starter who is able to prioritize and manage multiple assignments, take initiative, and work independently
- A strong people manager
- An excellent communicator who loves to share findings and actionable insights
- Collaborative and excited to work with many different teams across the company
- Passionate about direct-to-consumer businesses and excited to support the growth and development of an organization that delivers a best-in-class customer experience