To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chesterfield, MO 63017
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Category Manager
Aegion Corporation • Chesterfield, MO
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Aegion Corporation is looking for an experienced Senior Category Manager to join our team based in our Corporate Headquarters in Chesterfield, Missouri.
Aegion Corporation and its family of companies shield and protect the world's infrastructure from degradation and corrosion with a variety of technologies. Aegion's businesses comprise sewer, drinking water and energy and mining pipeline rehabilitation and corrosion protection for and strengthening of bridges, tunnels, buildings, waterfront, metal and concrete structures. Our companies provide cost-effective solutions to remediate operational, health, regulatory and environmental problems resulting from aging and defective pipelines and infrastructure. For more information, visit web address removed>
Strategically align with business units and manage all enterprise sourcing activities related to assigned direct procurement categories in the infrastructure manufacturing & construction space across Aegion. Identify material & project service, reliability, and cost reduction opportunities; continuously improve sourcing process; and facilitate supplier selection. Position is based at the corporate headquarters in Chesterfield, MO and reports to the VP Procurement.
Essential Job Functions
- Work collaboratively and proactively with Key Stakeholders to create, implement, lead, and maintain a robust category strategy utilizing all applicable Procurement levers.
- Lead and manage the supplier qualification, RFP events, supplier selection, contract development, implementation and ongoing supply base management process.
- Host RFx events through eCommerce platforms.
- Craft negotiation strategies to close deals with optimal terms.
- Develop a deep understanding of the assigned categories and the supplier marketplace.
- Build and manage relationships with the internal customers and the suppliers that make up the categories supply base.
- Conduct business review meetings with key stakeholders to assess risk, review future strategies, and identify potential cost containment and improvement opportunities.
- Provide external industry benchmarking as well as cost and scenario analysis reporting to better assess strategy and solutions within the assigned categories.
- Identify and display sourcing best practices.
- Challenge existing structure and practices and conduct make vs. buy analysis.
- Demonstrate a measurable reduction in year over year total cost of ownership for the goods and/or services being sourced without compromising safety, quality of work, and/or service levels.
- Lead supplier contract management process for all suppliers in assigned categories.
- Identify alternative sourcing strategies to mitigate material & project risk and drive cost reductions.
- Train and mentor Aegion personnel in corporate sourcing policy and procedures.
Have the flexibility and experience to move across several direct procurement categories as assigned based on the business needs of Aegion.
- 7+ years of Procurement experience in category management and leading strategic sourcing activities
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, engineering, finance, or supply chain management preferred.
- The ability to deeply understand and utilize most procurement processes, tools, and systems.
- Be a proven expert in category planning, development & execution, as well as ability to achieve tangible results in competitive and non-competitive supplier negotiations both directly and as a coach to others.
- Proven track record of implementing change & increasing Procurement organizational influence
- Strong experience with sourcing and supplier management
- Strong negotiation and project management skills
- Solid judgment with ability to make good decisions
- Ability to gather and analyze data and to work with figures
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills; formal presentations are required.
- Extensive experience in ERP procurement systems (JDE, SAP, Etc.)
- Must be willing to travel
- CPM or CPSM a plus
- Experience in the infrastructure construction, manufacturing, and subcontracting industry preferred
Aegion offers Competitive Salary with a full benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holiday pay, Matching 401k, Tuition Assistance and much more, as well as the opportunity for growth within an expanding worldwide company.
Aegion Corporation and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
VEVRAA compliant priority referral Protected Veterans requested