To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sierra Vista, AZ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
CH2M & Jacobs • Sierra Vista, AZ
Posted 3 months ago
Jacobs is one of the worlds largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and construction services for industrial, commercial and government organizations globally. The company employs over 74,000 people and operates in more than 40 countries around the world.
Jacobs Technology is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support the Electronic Proving Ground (EPG) contract at Fort Huachuca, AZ. Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Acts in the capacity of a confidential staff assistant and consultant to staff or department management for variety of specialty and complex administrative activities.
- Complies, reviews, expedites and disseminates information or material withing prescribed standards, policies and procedures. May prepare or monitor budgetary matters, including assist in the development of budgets for department and ensure compliance.
- Initiates the preparation of internal and external correspondence within areas of specialty and responsibility also prepares correspondence in areas of responsibility which require the signature of higher level authority. Prepares administrative reports involving compiling and verifying data from a variety of reference sources that may require initiative in obtaining and assimilating information. Related activities may involve investigation or studies, including analysis and recommendations on resolutions.
- Serves in an advisory and liaison capacity and responds daily to verbal and written communication; interface with other contracts or agencies for accomplishment of the job.
- Develops, maintains and revises suspense record system regarding material, equipment, or data to meet company, state, or federal requirement.
- Provides inputs and proposes recommendations to policies and procedures affecting specific functional area; may serve on specialty committees; performs other related duties as required.
- Assignments are performed under general supervision utilizing knowledge of established procedures and practice technical adequacy of work is checked in progress.
- This is NOT a supervisory position, however, may provide guidance, direction or instruction to other personnel as required to accomplish job/tasks.
- Two years of college with courses in business administration, computer science, or industrial management and four years of progressive administrative experience, or any equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills, and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite: Work, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Must possess a Secret security clearance at time of hire.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting). Outside work may include various environmental conditions including warm and cold climates. Needs to be able to work well with co-workers, customer, and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions. Work site is located in Ft. Huachuca, AZ.
Exerts up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, or up to 5 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
Regular hours will be between Monday - Friday 7:00am - 4:00pm. This is a 9/80 work schedule allowing for every other Friday off. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required. Travel to and from customers locations and the test fields may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion. Must pass drug screen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional, or local law.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>