Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services\u2014from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance\u2014with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors.
Our Core Values
Every decision we make is guided by our core values. By upholding these six principles, we support our clients, employees, and community. They are the compass we follow as we continue to grow our business and lead the industry.
Quality \u2013 We provide high-quality deliverables and services through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and continuous improvement.
Accountability \u2013 Our actions demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect.
Our People \u2013 We value diverse perspectives, encourage professional growth, and are committed to providing a work community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but rewarding.
Our Clients \u2013 We deliver value and exceed our clients\u2019 expectations through outstanding customer service, personal accessibility, and clear communication.
Innovation \u2013 Since 1891, we have invested in the people, training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a constantly changing world.
Meaningful Impact \u2013 We make a positive impact in the communities where we work and live.
This position will offer you the opportunity to work in a project team environment with other engineers and designers involved in the design, modification, and analysis of new and existing power plant controls systems.
You will work on interesting and challenging projects that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of electrical controls engineering issues, including the following:
- Digital Systems Design Development -- PLC, DCS, HSI, networked computer systems, and control systems
- Functional requirement and procurement specifications for control systems
- Mechatronics, control systems for pumps, valves, heat exchangers, steam turbines and reactors to improve the functionality of the nuclear power plant
- Critical digital asset cyber assessment and assessment review
- Client meetings and site walkdowns to validate scope and ensure client satisfaction
- Assist the project manager/director to ensure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget
- Prepare and review detailed calculations, including scaling, uncertainty, and setpoint calcuations for digital and analog controls applications
- Interface with vendors to perform document reviews and prepare materials and equipment purchase specifications
- Prepare reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner to meet client requirements
- Perform independent reviews of work performed by others, including design documentation, specifications, calculations, and drawings
- Enhance your career via participation in professional Communities of Practice
- Provide guidance as a mentor in the development of less experienced engineers
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
- BS or MS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Five or more years of experience in the design engineering of instrumentation and controls systems in a project team environment for commercial, industrial applications, with a focus on integrated, detailed system design for modifications to existing nuclear power plants
- Selection of equipment, materials, control philosophy, and the preparation assemby of design packages, calculations, and specifications
- Experience with controls system design including applications for low and medium voltage distribution systems and controls for equipment such as turbines, pumps, feedwater controls, and data displays
- Technically knowledgeable of available equipment and proven pre-engineered systems to execute systems design
- Experience with serving as the firm's client liaison in a support or lead engineering role
- Experience in reviewing design documentation
- PE license is preferred
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.
- Control Systems
- Functional Design
- Heat Exchanger
- Licensed Professional Engineer