To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Montgomery, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Early Career Environmental Engineer
CH2M & Jacobs • Montgomery, AL
Posted 22 days ago
Support environmental remediation projects and have a hand in transforming tomorrow. As an early-career environmental engineer you will work on environmental consulting activities that may include contaminated site assessment and remediation projects, remedial designs, and treatment systems for hazardous and toxic waste contaminated properties. Working with other members of the team, youll spend up to 80 percent of your time supporting field work tasks such as logistics, borehole logging, well installation, soil sampling, groundwater sampling, soil gas sampling, sample management, remediation system O&M, and site reconnaissance. During your time with us, you will also analyze and interpret geologic, hydrogeologic, and environmental chemistry data and contribute to the development of technical reports. If youre up for the challenge, weve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
- 0-2 years of environmental field experience including soil, groundwater, and soil vapor sampling
- Bachelors or Masters in Engineering
- Physically capable of conducting field work in remote locations in varying weather conditions
- 40-hr HAZWOPER certification or ability to obtain and maintain
- Environmentally focused education or experience
- 75% or more field work and travel is required
- Team and safety-focused, possessing a solution-based work approach
- 2 to 4 years of experience
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) to communicate effectively with project managers, project teams, subcontractors, and other stakeholders
- Ability to work in a team environment with a no task is too small attitude
- A person already residing within commuting distance of our Montgomery, AL office is highly preferred
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>