You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Description & Requirements
ANDERSEN CORPORATION SUMMARY:
We're focused on bringing more light into people's lives by helping them create healthier, happier spaces to build memories and do what they love. This applies to our team, too. By celebrating our differences and embracing a positive work-life balance, we are recognized as a Yellow Ribbon company, one of Forbes Magazine's 2021 'America's Best Large Employers' and a 'Best Employer for Diversity.' As a 2021 Energy Star Partner of the Year, Andersen is also committed to environmental health and sustainability. No matter your role, you'll have the opportunity to make a difference.
- Troubleshoot and repair all mechanical functions, mechanical drive units, industrial hydraulics and pneumatic powers, plumbing
architectures, AC and DC circuits, electrical sensors and switches, motor controls and servo controllers, safety circuits which include
E-stops, light curtains, floor mats, safety relays and safety switches.
- Use appropriate tools to replace components, make adjustments and calibrate machinery, to resolve issues and restore equipment
to operating condition quickly and efficiently.
- Understand and participate in TPM initiatives, also assist in the deployment of TPM objectives
- Understanding and performing preventive maintenance on all machinery, getting these done in a timely fashion, and document
- Proficient at reading electrical schematics, wiring diagrams and prints.
- Evaluate equipment for any repairs, enhancements, or upgrades and complete work as needed.
- Perform and understand plumbing, and basic carpentry.
- Perform welding and painting tasks.
- Assure that all equipment is guarded.
- Follow all lockout tagout procedures.
- Work in a safe manner and follow all safety polices.
- Participate in and sustain 5S activities.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and spare parts.
- Working with departments on (CIP) Continuous Improvement projects.
- Assist with hazardous waste management.
- Perform furniture and equipment moves when needed.
- Good working knowledge of HVAC systems.
- Working knowledge of electrical test equipment to measure current voltage and resistance. Understand Hipot and Meggar meters.
- Working knowledge and be able to repair pneumatic drills, screw guns, routers and saw motors.
- Perform fabrication and installation of fixturing, guarding and any machine parts needed; this includes some of the following:
design, layout, sheet metal work, welding, machine shop work, carpentry and painting.
- Work with engineering to implement design changes of equipment, jigs and fixturing for enhancement upgrades or replacements.
- Working knowledge and being able to troubleshoot all mechanical functions, mechanical drives units, industrial hydraulics and
pneumatic powers, AC and DC circuits, electrical sensors and switches, motor and controls and servo system controllers, safety
circuits, light curtains, safety relays and safety switches.
- Work with engineering to implement design changes of equipment, jigs, and fixturing for enhancement, upgrades or replacements.
- Work with IT Department for production equipment that is being implemented.
- Work with engineering on new plant layouts/ moving of equipment, and additions of equipment.
- Work with external contractors as needed, in both production and other related areas of the plant.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications - External
QUALIFICATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- 2 year degree or equivalent and/or 5 years' experience in a related field
- PC knowledge for upgrading troubleshooting and machine functions via touch screen controls and machine operation software.
- Advanced maintenance skills: carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, machine piping, HVAC and dust collection.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic problems.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical, fluid power, building, electrical schematics, wiring diagrams and prints.
- Broad knowledge of PLC's and electrical principals.
- Ability to properly use testing equipment including (electrical, mechanical and fluid power).
- Knowledge and use of hand, power, shop tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of safety practices such as lockout/tagout and proper use of PPE.
- Basic reading and math skills
- Possess excellent troubleshooting, reasoning, analytical problem solving skills, with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong communication skills, oral and written.
- Ability to be a licensed lift equipment operator
- Excellent time management, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Be able to work alone as well as in a team environment.
- Physical ability to perform job duties
- Demonstrated ability to work without direct supervision
- Understanding of related safety policies and procedures
CULTURE AND BENEFITS:
Our vision is to make the world a better place by living up to the promise that everyone benefits from their association with Andersen. We’re committed to making a difference through challenging ourselves each day, recognizing, and rewarding success, taking pride in our work, and honoring a legacy built on doing the right thing. There is great respect for life outside of work so that you can bring your best self to work.
We are committed to demonstrating mutual respect and appreciation of our similarities and differences so that each employee can realize his/her potential and we exceed our customers’ expectations.
As an innovative and industry-leading organization, we think of benefits more broadly. From your health care to your work environment, to your development and quality of life, we think beyond basic benefits to provide a total rewards package including, but not limited to:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account contributions
- Paid holidays plus PTO
- 401(k) plan & contributions
- Professional development & tuition reimbursement opportunities
- A culture that supports work-life balance
- An environment where collaboration is key
- Volunteer opportunities – on company time
- Environmentally conscious business decisions
- 10,000 employees and career opportunities nationwide
In 2023, Andersen has set a profit-sharing target of $4,000 per eligible employee, prorated as appropriate. Profit sharing will be paid out in quarterly installments to provide eligible employees with payments throughout the year, with payment amounts tied to quarterly operating profit performance.
Andersen is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, disability, marital status, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Process Improvement
- Drilling Operations
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 3020
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.