Job Function, Major Responsibilities, and Duties
Job Function: Directs and manages the overall activities for a specific location including Sales, Service, Parts and Integrated Solutions department objectives and processes. Provides leadership in evaluating, allocating, and managing human, physical and financial resources for the location. Optimizes the profitable growth of the business, the personal growth of employees, and the satisfaction of customers.
Supervises: Sales Representatives, Parts Manager, and Service Manager for the specific location
Major Responsibilities & Duties:
- Executes the business plan and achieves financial performance, including sales, market share, budgets and cost control, according to established goals for a location.
- Develops and maintains a positive relationship with all existing and new customers and resolves any elevated customer issues
- Ensures that appropriate communication takes place within and across all departments at the store location which may include leading regular department management staff meetings and all employee meetings
- Communicates the dealership mission, vision, and values within their location
- Communicates with other location leaders to implement best practices and consistent processes for all departments within the organization
- Supports general management in implementing changes in any department within the location
- Ensures the successful planning and execution of marketing activities and events
- Oversees maintenance, security and a professional appearance of the facility and property for the location
- Represents the company for the sale of machinery to key customers as needed
- Participates in the hiring, development and coaching, evaluation, and effectiveness of the management team and other employees within their store
Qualifications, Physical Demands, and Work Environment
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- 5+ years’ experience in a retail environment preferred
- 1+ additional years’ experience as a parts or service manager or in a sales role preferred
- Familiar with John Deere and competitive products
- Experience dealing with elevated customer issues
- Ability to lead and motivate others
- Solid analytical, business planning, problem solving, and communication skills
- Knowledge of financial metrics and a solid understanding of sales, parts and service operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Business or equivalent experience preferred
Required Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
A current driver’s license is required and must be maintained for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel: reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions of this position.
Complex Problem Solving