To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Goleta, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Program Cost Accountant - DoD
Nesco Resource • Goleta, CA
Posted 26 days ago
Under the general direction of the Director, Finance, the Program Finance/General Accounting temp will support a variety of responsibilities under program finance and general accounting. The position will prepare accounts payable invoices and ensures that they are properly logged into the company's financial accounting system; verifies that invoices match shipping receivers and reconciles any discrepancies; works with the Purchasing Agent to make sure all purchase orders are received and enters them into the Deltek system; works closely with the stockroom and production to insure all transactions are recorded and inventory is correct.
1. Enter purchase orders into company's financial database.
2. Enter accounts payable invoices into the company's accounting system. Verify that invoices match the shipping receiver prior to data entry. Reconcile any discrepancies.
3. Pick checks that need to be paid, run prepayment edit report and give to Controller along with vouchers to review. Match and mail checks after Controller prints and signs checks.
4. Maintain depreciation spreadsheet and keep invoice copies of all new assets.
5. Enter all material transfers into the Deltek system. Keep a ledger of all inventory and verify this matches the Netcycle system. Perform Cycle counts monthly to insure inventory on hand is correct.
6. Create reports in Impromtu that will be useful for others.
7. Provide Job Cost Summaries to Program Management on a monthly basis.
8. Review costs and commitments with Program Management on specific projects as required. Assist Program Managers with data analysis, direct and indirect costs, validation of job costs, expenses, etc.
9. Support Program management in preparing both estimates to complete (ETC) and estimates at completion (EAC). Support data analysis as required.
10. Prepare and furnish internal reports including, average age of payables, amount of payables by month, sort by key vendors and suppliers, etc., revise and update reports to be more useful and efficient.
11. Ensure the security of all financial data through careful handling of proprietary information and sensitive matters.
12. Promote cordial relationships and foster and maintain a favorable business profile with customers, suppliers, co-workers, industry and professional associations, government agencies and the local community.
13. Develop/maintain Integrated Master Plans (IMP) and Work Breakdown Structures/Dictionaries (WBS)
14. Work with PM and IPT/CAMs to develop/maintain resource loaded program schedules for EVMS tracking on government and commercial programs in sufficient detail to monitor progress, assess program status and identify performance issues in a timely manner.
15. Assists CAMs with initial planning and subsequent re-planning of task budgets and baselines.
16. In conjunction with the program manager, create and maintain risk matrices for assigned programs
17. Develop/coordinate recovery plans to ensure milestones are completed in accordance with customer schedule requirements.
18. Other duties as assigned.
1. Perform and direct special projects as requested.
Technical Functional skills:
1. Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting standards and procedures; ability to apply moderate math skills.
2. Moderate computer skills, working knowledge of standard computer products and devices including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), the Internet and the ability to comprehend and learn new software.
3. Manual and automated systems experience preferred; proficiency in the use of a calculator is required.
4. Working knowledge of business financial administration, including budgeting and reporting.
5. Ability to identify and analyze problems; use sound reasoning to reach conclusions; find alternative solutions to complex problems; determines objectives and strategies; coordinates with administrative personnel and evaluate the progress and outcome of operational plans.
7. Ability to speak, read, write and spell English well and have strong oral and written communication skills.
8. Well-developed interpersonal skills; ability to perform multi-faceted projects in conjunction with normal activities.
9. Well organized; consistently maintains a high level of productivity; ability to manage priorities; high degree of flexibility; ability to meet deadlines; multi-task oriented; pays attention to detail.
Bachelors degree in accounting, economics or finance is required. Business Administration Certificate plus five (5) to ten (10) years relevant experience in the accounting field may be substituted for Bachelors degree.
1. Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently to move objects.
2. Employee regularly sits, talks and listens.
3. Employee frequently uses hands to finger, handle, or feel.
4. Employee occasionally stands and/or walks and/or reaches with hands and arms.
Other Work Conditions and Requirements:
1. Employee works in a quiet environment.
2. Travel may be required for several days on short notice via auto/air/rail.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.