The Senior Software Engineer will be a member of a team that is responsible for the design, development, and implementation of web-based applications. The FADS Software Engineer is responsible for many duties throughout the development lifecycle of applications, from concept and design right through to testing.
- Performing all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, and code development & testing
- Attend and participate in Agile ceremonies, retrospective, planning, and stand-up meetings.
- Manage user stories and project commitments to deliver value to our customers
- Collaborate with team members to meet project timelines.
- Collaborate closely with team, analyzing problems, recommending solutions and delivering technology results
- Be innovative in solution design and development to meet the needs of the business
- Design, develop and test reusable frameworks, libraries, and Java components
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5+ years with Java
- Minimum 5+ years with JEE
- Understanding of engineering fundamentals: unit testing, code reviews, Agile and DevOps
- Experience in with SQL Server; Snowflake is a plus.
- Experience with Java 11, OOP, functional programming, and design patterns.
- Experience with building Spring based RESTful web services using Spring Core, Spring Boot, Spring MVC and Spring Data.
- Experience of one or more ORM technologies (like Hibernate, JPA, or similar)
- Experience with JUnit & Mockito unit testing frameworks
- Experience in building modern applications with Microservices architecture by using Java and Spring Boot.
- Experience with application monitoring / Logging tools (Prometheus, ELK/Kibana, Grafana, Splunk).
- Experience with the Agile development methodology
- Solid experience in building and enhancing highly-available applications leveraging Angular UI and RESTful services
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts, tools and continuous delivery pipelines - Jenkins, Maven, GitHub, antifactory, etc.
- Minimum 1 year Cloud/Container experience (Azure, AWS, Docker, etc.)
- Experience working with two or more of the following: continuous integration / continuous delivery tools, REST API development, serverless architecture, containerization, IaC, public / private cloud, application observability and/or messaging / stream architecture
Recruiter, please confirm details with hiring manager during Discovery.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Agile Methodology
- Amazon Web Services
- Application Design
- Code Review