Manufacturing Bioprocess Technician - Entry-level Science (Vacaville, CA)
We are proud to offer an exciting temporary opportunity to work as a Manufacturing Bioprocess Technician at a well-known, innovative, entrepreneurial pharmaceutical company located in Vacaville. Join this team of employees who are helping to improve healthcare by developing and manufacturing pharmaceutical products that positively affect the lives of patients.
Full Time, Temporary Assignment for 1+ years (this role will most likely extend up to 3 years)
Pay Rate: $18.00/hour
Candidates must be flexible to work any shift (day or night shift), including weekends. Requires overtime as needed.
- Shifts are a non-rotating 4-day, 10 hour shift that includes one weekend day/nights or both weekends days/nights, and 2 or 3 weekdays (5:30 am to 4 pm), evening (2 pm to 12:30 am) or night hours (9 pm to 7:30 am), and off-shifts.
- Shifts are 13 hour shifts, alternating 3 days and 4 days a week and can be either be day (7 am to 8 pm) or night shift (7 pm to 8 am). Flexibility is a must!
As a member of our world-class manufacturing team at our Vacaville site, you'll be responsible for producing innovative biotherapeutic medicines for patients with serious or life- threatening medical conditions. In addition to specific departmental responsibilities below, you will be responsible for compliance to safety requirements, current Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures and manufacturing documentation. Your job will include interfacing with highly automated production systems and controls, and maintaining areas in a high state of inspection preparedness.
- Within the Cell Culture Manufacturing department, you will: Take an active role in the production of mammalian cell-based products by cleaning, sterilizing and operating fixed vessel systems for media preparation, cell culture fermentation, and harvest operations.
- In our Purification Operations Group, you will: Operate and clean fixed tank and filtration systems, and operate large scale column chromatography systems.
- In the Cell Culture Services department, you will: Operate the small-scale cell culture areas and systems by operating, cleaning, setting up, and maintaining 20L batch re-feed bioreactors; inoculating and maintaining spinner seed cultures using aseptic techniques, maintaining cell banks; and performing general seed lab operations.
- In our Centralized Manufacturing Services department, you will: Provide support to Manufacturing and Quality departments to meet production demands by operating the Distributed Control System (DCS) via a Human Machine Interface (HMI) for equipment operation, performing CIP and SIP for all portable tanks, assembling and preparing 20 liter bioreactors, autoclaving solutions, weighing and dispensing dry components and liquid aliquots, gathering, processing and delivering labware and glassware while providing quality service.
- You must possess good interpersonal, communication and team skills, have a strong focus on quality and attention to detail.
- Must be a motivated self-starter with a mechanical aptitude.
- Familiarity with computer-based systems is desirable.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and stand for extended periods of time.
- Pre employment medical physical is required if selected.
- Bachelor's Degree in Life Sciences or Engineering with no previous experience or an Associate's Degree with at least 2 years of related work experience in the BioPharmaceutical Industry.
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. URL blocked - click to apply
Human Computer Interaction
Human Machine Interface
Distributed Control Systems