Employees working at the level of Log-in Specialist 1 at SGS report to the Team Leader of Log-in and the Billing/Administration Manager. In general, the duties of this position are geared toward ensuring that incoming test samples are processed according to established log-in procedures. Log-in Specialist 1 is expected to accurately verify and log-in samples for most, if not all, of the routine studies performed at the laboratory. Other general office duties such as scanning, filing, mailing, and answering phones may also be required of this position.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES - CLIENTS
• Field client phone calls in a friendly, polite, and ultimately professional manner.
• Direct all client inquiries to the appropriate technical personnel (or management).
• Answer client questions and/or respond to client requests for testing information in a prompt, efficient manner that cultivates trust and reliability.
• Greet visitors to the lab in a professional, courteous manner.
• Respond appropriately to all client requests for rush test results.
SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES - INTERNAL CUSTOMERS
• Provide administrative support to technical staff whenever necessary and appropriate.
• Provide administrative support to managers whenever necessary and appropriate.
• Ensure that all staff requests for help, information or support are treated fairly and professionally.
• Ensure that administrative co-workers receive the help and support they need in order for the team as a whole to succeed.
• Proper use of computer hardware and software provided to do the job.
• Proper use of the office equipment, e.g. scanners, printers, copiers, fax machine, mail stamp meter.
• Sample log-in according to applicable SGS SOPs.
• Processing of incoming order from clients for environmental monitoring supplies, spore strips, etc.
• Subcontracting and shipment of test samples to other SGS locations for testing.
• Compliance with GMP/GLP and ISO requirements as these pertain to sample log-in.
• Miscellaneous word processing tasks (letters, attachment, etc.).
• Miscellaneous office tasks (filing documents, mailing documents, sorting incoming mail, scanning, answering phones, etc.).
• Knowledge of and familiarity with all SOPs pertaining to administrative functions.
• Participation in administrative staff meetings and training sessions.
• Minimum twelve years in general education (or equivalent) required.
• Technical education/training (or equivalent in experience) required.
• Previous office experience preferred.
• Computer skills for basic data entry and word processing required.
• Knowledge of computer keyboard required; must type minimum of 45 wpm with accuracy.
• Language proficiency (fundamentals of grammar and syntax) required.
• Solid organizational skills required; must be able to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Ability to think critically and engage in problem-solving activities required.
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
• Able to interact effectively with persons from various diverse backgrounds.
• Able to cooperate well with others and work as part of a team.
• Able to follow directions well.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities.
• Position requires mobile use of arms and hands.
• Must be able to lift packages weighing up to 30 pounds.
• Must be capable of working at a desk and terminal for up to eight hours on a given day.
• Must be capable of working with printed materials for up to eight hours on a given day.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
• SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
Scheduling (Project Management)