To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
One Arena Place
7322 Southwest Freeway, Suite 160
Houston, TX 77074
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
X-Ray/Radiologic/Ultrasound Technologist - PRN - ARRT and ARDMS Preferred
Visiting Physicians • Houston, TX
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
X-RAY/RADIOLOGIC/ULTRASOUND TECHNICIAN - ARRT and ARDMS CERTIFIED
Visiting Physicians Association, a national leader in delivering home based primary care, works with home health and hospice agencies to ensure patients receive continuity of care in the home environment. VPA in-home physicians collaborate with agencies to establish in-home treatment plans and certify the need for services. VPA partners with over 1,000 home health agencies, collaborates with independent and assisted living communities, and works with skilled nursing facilities and hospitals nationally to coordinate services and patient transitions to home care.
The Radiologic Technologist (X-Ray Tech) arranges patients for radiological examinations. Produces radiographs to aid in the diagnosis of medical problems.
- Prepares and positions patient for diagnostic imaging procedures.
- Completes all required paper work including billing information and pertinent clinical history for each patient.
- Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff.
- Performs daily inspection of assigned vehicles, x-ray machine and other medical equipment.
- Remains in contact with dispatch when work is completed for further assignments.
- Processes images and reviews for proper identification and quality control.
- Prepares images for reading by radiologist.
- Maintains and cleans cassette screens, x-ray machine, lap top, processer and van.
- Maintains proper sanitation of cassettes after each patient contact.
- Practices “universal precaution”.
- Performs EKG’s (Michigan Only)
- Other duties as assigned by management
- High School Diploma/GED
- Registered technologist, must be ARRT Registered
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographers, must be ARDMS Registered
- Valid driver’s license