St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
To be considered for this position you must be accepted into or currently attending St Luke's School of Nursing.
Now offering new competitive rate!
We are currently seeking motivated Patient Care Assistants to join our growing Nursing Team. Begin an exciting career by joining a nationally recognized teaching hospital with proven success indicators. St. Luke’s is a Level 1 Trauma Center, Stroke Center and Tertiary Care teaching hospital. St. Luke's is the only hospital in the Lehigh Valley and, in fact, in Pennsylvania, named one of Truven Health Analytics 100 Top Hospitals in the nation three years in a row.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit programs along with a generous Tuition Reimbursement Program to encourage and advance your career development in the Nursing Field. Become a part of a premier & very special Nursing Team at St. Luke's! Join us today!
The Patient Care Assistant is responsible for providing patient care. The Patient Care Assistant participates in data collection, planning and implementation of patient care.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs the following tasks as assigned:
- Vital signs
- Intake and output measurements
- Specimen collection
- Documentation for all assigned responsibilities
- Follows treatment plan as directed by licensed personnel.
- Performs necessary functions to ensure patient comfort and satisfaction with service
- Performs patient mobilization using appropriate and proper body mechanics and assistive device
- Accepts responsibility for providing safe, appropriate, quality patient care
- Communicates changes in patients’ conditions and unit concerns with the unit based team
- Restocks unit supplies as needed
- Performs equipment checks and unit specific maintenance duties as appropriate to unit
- Takes active role in unit based performance improvement.
- Maintains awareness of unit budget
- Maintains responsibility for own professional development through active participation in in-services and/or continuing education programs as well as timely completion of competencies
- Assists in orienting and educating new staff
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Sit up to 7 hours per day; 1 hour at a time. Stand for up to 10 hours per day; 8 hours at a time. Walk 6 hours per day; 10 minutes at a time. Consistently lift, carry and push objects up to 10 lbs. Occasionally lift, carry and push objects up to 75 lbs. Transport patients weighing up to 400 lbs. via wheelchair, bed and/or stretcher. Frequently stoop and bend. Frequently reach above should level. Must be able to perceive attributes of an object through touch. Must be able to hear as it relates to normal conversation, and high and low frequencies. Must be able to see as it relates to general, near, far, color and peripheral vision.
High School graduate or GED preferred. Health care specialty training preferred.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Individualized orientation program for all areas. Obtain BLS certification within sixty (60) days of employment or transfer to position. Basic computer skills required. Attend St. Luke’s University Health Network APC and MT courses or evidence of previous training determined through competency testing.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!![ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Patient Care Assistant - St Luke's School Of Nursing Students[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Patient Care Assistant - St Luke's School Of Nursing Students
- Basic Life Support
- Data Collection
- Financial Management
- Health Care
- Mechanical Engineering