GLOBAL TECHNICAL SERVICES, a subsidiary of Bering Straits Native Corporation is currently seeking a qualified Supply Technician for NSA LOGWAGON in San Antonio Texas. This position interacts with a wide range of program staff, DOD, and military personnel. In addition, the Supply Technician will have front line contacts with internal and external customers requiring active problem solving, exceptional communication, and interpersonal skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed for this position, and are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
- As directed, the Supply Technician performs a wide variety Supply/Warehousing duties that require an understanding of the organizations storage plan.
- Verifying materials against receiving documents
- Noting and reporting discrepancies and damages
- Routing materials to prescribed storage and active locations
- Storing, Stacking, or Palletizing materials in accordance with prescribed storage methods
- Rearranging and taking inventory of stored materials, examining stored materials, and reporting deterioration or damage
- Removing material from storage and preparing for shipment
- May operate hand or power trucks and other material handling equipment
- May be required to install material items or prepare equipment for use
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required (Minimum) Qualifications
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Minimum of two years standard base supply/warehouse experience
- Must have current/active Top Secret Clearance with SCI Access.
- Polygraph Required
- Must possess a valid state drivers license
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, email, or in person
- Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
- Five years Standard Base Supply related experience
NECESSARY PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must maintain a constant state of mental alertness at all times. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the ability to maneuver around and see, hear, and verbally communicate with co-workers. Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting, throwing, reaching, squatting, stretching, and bending for prolonged periods of time. At times you may be required to lift and carry as much as 50 pound. Injury exposure could be minor cuts, scrapes, and bruises. Considerable physical effort of hands and arms required.
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS
- This position is subject to federal or company requirements regarding COVID-19 vaccination or regular testing. Details to be provided by the hiring manager. Employees are expected to comply with all current and future federal and company requirements.
DOT COVERED/SAFETY-SENSITIVE ROLE REQUIREMENTS
- This position is not subject to federal requirements regarding Department of Transportation \u201csafety-sensitive\u201d functions.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Job is performed mostly indoors with some outside exposure. Walking or utilizing golf carts to access buildings on site.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS
As a condition of employment, you will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and have acceptable background check results. If applicable to the contract, you must also obtain the appropriate clearance levels required and be able to obtain access to military installations.
Shareholder Preference. BSNC gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to BSNC shareholders, shareholder descendants and shareholder spouses who meet the minimum qualifications for the job.
Bering Straits Native Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. We are a drug free workplace. ',
- Active Listening
- Interpersonal Skills
- Materials Management
- Problem Solving