As a Medical Social Worker (MSW) for Amedisys, you will have the opportunity to assist and counsel patients and their family one on one with health related financial, social and emotional concerns. Your work will include assisting the physician and other members of the patient care team to understand the significance of social and emotional factors related to the patient’s care. You will contribute to the development of the plan of care with the physician, patient, family and staff to best manage personal, financial and environmental difficulties that may interfere with the health and wellness continuum.
• Counsel patients and families concerning the facilitation of the medical Plan of Care.
• Recognize, identify and utilize community and family resources to assist the patient in long-term plans for life in the community or to learn to live within the limits of the patient’s disability.
• Participate in discharge planning.
• Coordinate the total Plan of Care and maintain continuity of patient care by liaising with appropriate staff.
• Attend and actively participate in patient care conferences to ensure good coordination of care. Develop, prepare and maintain individualized patient care progress records with accuracy, timeliness and according to policies.
• May supervise Social Worker Assistants as a licensed social worker