To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Reno, NV
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
IGT • Reno, NV
Posted 15 days ago
IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines and Lotteries to Interactive and Social Gaming. With operations in more than 100 countries and a team of over 12,000 employees, we deliver world-class gaming and lottery technology.
IGT leverages its vast content library and pushes the boundaries of global game development to deliver the next generation of great gaming experiences to players around the world. So if you want to help create products for your favorite casino and you’re believe in game changer vision with extreme technical skills, we invite you to Come Out and Play!
We are seeking a passionate, adaptive, technical, and pioneering Game Designer that is ready to take their industry leading and technical skills to the next-generation of interactive gaming. Blending expertise with innovation, this individual will help define engaging entertainment that will appeal and showcase original experiences to a wide player audience. This position will use their talents to constructively communicate and leverage a motivated cross disciplined team, participate and grow in a collaborative environment, and help shape the industry with their innovative solutions.
The Game Designer will:
• Participate in designing all aspects of a game design including entertainment, pacing, mathematical outcomes, and player communication.
• Actively work on multiple projects concurrently, as strong multitasking is essential.
• Have meticulous attention to detail to achieve optimal designs, including math models, XML control files, par sheets and customer-facing communication.
• Mentor fellow game designers and development staff to share innovative and technical solutions and help shape other project features.
• Test mathematical outcomes to assure quality and that accurate calculations are achieved (through excel and programming).
• Maintain active field research, analysis and industry knowledge to clearly understand and convey player profiles to develop new features and products.
• Create and own all design documentation and deliverables for projects, including game concepts, in-game messaging, marketing communication, game rules, some game documentation, and paytables.
• Generate initial and final excel-based math models, par sheets, and XML control files (or comparable code file ats) used by the game engine.
• Extensively play test games in studio development with detailed verbal or written feedback around all aspects of the player experience: math, art, sound, messaging, game pacing and user interface.
• Jointly develop and adapt prototypes and simulators (XNA, C#, XML schema and Direct X) to play test, refine and troubleshoot calculations on game concepts.
• Contribute to ensure external partners have up-to-date knowledge of key design features to market and promote finished products.
• Analyze performance data from the marketplace to help identify future game mechanics and industry trends.
First Year Goals
• Contribute to the conceptualizing, design and calculation for multiple product ideas for the games portfolio.
• Deliver mathematical & design documentation for each project and follow its full implementation through the development process.
• Mentor the game design team by providing technical support and insight, as well as unique game & industry insights.
• Has a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics or other technical field requiring use advanced mathematics up to and including probability theory.
• Has a minimum of 3 years of slot game proposition design; 4 to 5 preferred.
• Ability to create simulations and calculation programs for various types of existing and new slot mechanics (line evaluation, way evaluation, scatter evaluation, pick bonuses, free games bonuses, etc.), or refer to existing libraries and alter code for the same purpose using any programming language you prefer).
• Ability to create Markov Chain calculations through programming or excel.
• Has solid expertise with Excel; mastery through VBA preferred.
• Has strong expertise in Combinatorics, Probability Theory and Statistics.
• Demonstrates ability to create well-structured, well-documented, maintainable programs in C/C++/C# (or comparable language).
• Demonstrates outstanding data analysis and presentation skills.
• Must work well with creative conflict in a consensus-based, collaborative environment.
• Is able to communicate effectively with engineering, art, production and business personnel.
• Able to obtain a gaming license.
Keys to Success
• Building collaborative relationships
• Decision making
• Drive results
• Foster innovation
• Personal energy
In addition to a competive benefits package, we offer generous time-off plans, a 401(k) Savings Plan with Company contributions, tuition reimbursement, on-site fitness center and cafeteria, and free identity theft insurance to name a few.
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, and to creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship, covered veteran status, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable local, state, federal laws or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
IGT (NYSE: IGT) is the global leader in gaming. For more information, please visit www.igt.com.