Are you ready to be part of a dynamic sales team that competes to win every day? Beacon is hiring motivated, results driven top performers for our outside sales team. If you think you can keep up with our fast paced, team environment, join us in roofing distribution sales!
Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc. is a vibrant and fast-paced environment where self-motivation, passion and resourcefulness are rewarded. We are one of the largest distributors of residential and non-residential roofing and complementary building products in North America. Beacon currently has over 550 locations in 50 US states and 6 Canadian provinces and more than 8,500 employees. We are known throughout the building supply industry for having the best team, integrity, exceptional service and quality building products.
Beacon Roofing Supply is publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock market under the symbol BECN. In June of 2006, Beacon Roofing Supply was named to the NASDAQ Global Select Market.
We are looking for bright minds that share a passion for outside sales and can deliver on expectations. If you are ready for this challenge, please apply today!
The responsibilities include:
- Meet or exceed the sales and margin expectations for the assigned territory.
- Use Salesforce, Cognos, and Mincron reports available to help manage a sales territory.
- Using the necessary phone and field selling skills to sell our products and services to our customers.
- Building strong customer relationships by maintaining sales contacts as required by the position.
- The overall performance and development of assigned and newly assigned accounts.
- Developing new business opportunities through cold calls and lead generation.
- Developing and executing a comprehensive monthly and annual sales plan for the assigned territory to service and expand our business with existing and new customers.
- Coordinating closely with our inside sales support team and our vendors to plan and execute the promotion of products and services to customers.
- Organizing sales activities so that face to face selling time to the customer is maximized.
- Observing and implementing sales skills of other successful Sales Representatives in all aspects of the sales process to utilize skills necessary to succeed.
- Demonstrating solid business sales acumen and professionalism to make a positive impact on all prospects and customers.
- Maintaining social, ethical and organization values of Beacon. Conduct business activity, at all times, in a manner consistent with the company's corporate culture.
- Drive sales growth through consistent daily effort.
- Demonstrated record of year over year sales growth.
- Strong ability to develop new business while maintaining existing business.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- 4 year degree preferred but not required.
- Experience in residential or commercial sales is a plus, but not required.
- Sales, business management or distribution industries experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Internet, Word and Excel.
- Ability to learn and use Salesforce.
- Mincron knowledge a plus or the ability to learn our inventory management system.
- Ability to learn product lines.
- Must be able to function as part of a sales team.
- Can gain agreement and acceptance of ideas, plans activities and recommendations.
- Creates a good first impression, commands attention and respect, and shows an air of confidence.
- Displays a genuine interest, excitement and eagerness toward job, company and prospects.
- Can demonstrate versatility.
- Is a self-starter. Will take action to achieve goals.
- Takes a sincere interest in what the customer or prospect really need to improve their business.
- Copes well in competitive sales situations with little supervision and possesses strong negotiation skills.
- Is motivated by selling (interested, enthusiastic and committed to the sales function).
- Consistently make the kind of effort necessary to accomplish results.
- Maintains an acceptable driving safety record.
- Maintain a valid driver's license.
- Willingness to develop new and existing skills through educational programs with both company provided and vendor supported training.
Company: 004 - SOUTH DIVISION
Location: 7635 S. Choctaw Drive Baton Rouge, LA 70806, US
Employment Status: Regular
Beacon is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to be an inclusive and diverse employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.