To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX 77004
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Construction Manager - Global Projects & Engineering
LyondellBasell • Houston, TX
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Global Projects & Engineering (GPE) is a shared-service organization serving all manufacturing locations and businesses with an estimated annual spending of over $1 Billion. We have offices in the United States, Germany, Italy, and India, and have executed projects in China, Saudi Arabia, and Thailand. We have multi-lingual personnel in our talented resource pool. We are responsible for developing and executing major capital projects on a global basis. GPE has a wide range of demonstrated capabilities and can execute projects that range from $250,000 to over $2.5 Billion. GP can also manage large-expense projects at the request of our customers.
As a member of this dynamic team, the Construction Manager (CM) is directly accountable for all construction activities related to the project. The CM will support the Project Manager to ensure overall project success. The CM is required to organize, plan, staff, motivate, coordinate and direct the construction effort. The Construction Manager is responsible for overall construction safety, strategy, logistics, administration of construction controls, schedules and budgetary performance. US offices are located at our Houston Engineering Center only 14 short miles from downtown Houston, TX. This is a direct-hire position with competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package and pension.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Ensures that all construction activities are executed safely and meet LyondellBasell’s quality, cost and schedule expectations.
- Provides input into the development of the Construction Safety Plan.
- Participate and provide construction input as needed during Front-End-Loading/Planning Stages of LyondellBasell’s Project Process. This includes providing contract strategy, constructability, schedule, and estimate input as needed.
- Participate in the development of the Construction Contracting Strategy.
- Responsible for the development of the Construction Execution Plan.
- Responsible for leading the development of the Path of Construction.
- Provides oversight and responsible for the General Contractor’s WorkFace Planning, development of the Construction Work Areas (CWA), Construction Work Packages (CWP) and Installation Work Packages (IWP)
- Work with Project Controls Manager to develop and monitor contractor performance metrics.
- Other responsibilities as directed by management.
Qualifications Essential Skills:
- B.S. (or higher) degree in relevant Engineering or Construction Management preferred.
- Minimum of 20 years’ experience associated with Project Management or Construction Management in Refining/Petrochemical environment required.
- Relevant field experience in construction management position required.
- Lead Construction role in Capital Projects greater than $50 MM preferred.
- Prior Experience in CII’s Advanced Work Packaging Best Practice preferred
- Strong communication and leadership skills are required.
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world’s largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.