Division: Nucor Business Technology
Location: Dallas, TX, United States
Other Available Locations: N/A
Basic Job Functions:
Nucor Business Technology (NBT) is seeking qualified applicants for our Human Resources Administrator position.
This position is responsible for providing excellent customer service and a wide range of HR support to our team members. The successful candidate must maintain confidentiality and integrity of HR and benefits, along with payroll data.
This is a full time, in office position with our Nucor Business Technology division.
The role of the Human Resources Administrator includes but is not limited to:
- Administrating FMLA, LTD, Life Insurance
- Posting division level positions via internal and external channels and responsible for plant wide recruitment
- Coordinating recruitment efforts and placement with 3rd party staffing agencies
- Maintaining our electronic Applicant Tracking system
- Administering and explaining benefits and serve as liaison between employees and insurance carriers
- Conducting New Hire Orientation and Open Enrollment
- assisting teammates with payroll, benefit, insurance, and HR questions
- assisting in managing various company sponsored programs and/or projects, such as service awards, scholarships, educations reimbursements
- assisting coworkers; acting as a payroll backup and working on department projects as needed
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Accounting, Business, or related field
- 2 years of experience in an HR related role (IE: recruitment, benefits, onboarding, payroll)
Detailed Selection Criteria:
- Communication – Effectively expresses ideas or tasks to an individual or group. Demonstrates effective listening skills through receiving feedback, following instructions, and showing a genuine interest in others.
- Organizing, Planning & Prioritizing Work – Developing specific goals and plans for prioritizing, organizing, and accomplishing individual work and/or the work of the team.
- Initiative – Being proactive with seeking out work that needs to be done and being willing to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Attention to Detail – Thorough in accomplishing tasks, no matter how small they may be, and taking care to make sure that expectations are met.
- Dependability – Being reliable, responsible, and committed to fulfilling obligations.
- Judgement/Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Administration and Management – Knowledge of business and management principles involved in human resources, recruiting, benefit administration, and coordination of people and resources.
- Clerical – Knowledge of clerical procedures and systems such as work processing, managing files and HR/payroll records, designing forms, etc.
- SAP payroll, MS Office, and HR related systems experience
- Applicant Tracking System experience
- PHR/SHRM-CP certification
- HR benefit experience (IE: FMLA, LTD, insurance carriers)
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vets – and a drug – free workplace
- Active Listening
- Attention To Detail