The purpose of the Electrical Technician is to install and repair electrical systems, apparatus, electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment. This role provides maintenance repairs to industrial machinery as needed to keep a continuous manufacturing process supported. Uses man lifts, forklifts, hoists and all electrical testing equipment required. Must work safely and follow all documented and \u201ccommon sense\u201d safety policies and procedures.
This individual is expected to perform as a professional, highly skilled, and exceptionally competent maintenance person. They must be able to analyze, perform root cause analysis on breakdowns and carryout corrective measuresResponsibilities
- Notify your supervisor immediately of any accident, near miss, or on- the -job injury when it occurs no matter how insignificant it may seem.
- Take personal ownership to work safely each and every day and hold other team members to the same high standards of safety.
- Basic industrial electrical code (local compliance issues).
- Capability to read schematics and P&ID drawings.
- Fusing, thermal overload protection, wire sizing, motor theory, etc.
- AC, DC and Servo drive system(basics).
- Be able to safely conduct motor control and power circuit troubleshooting. Understand fuse sizing, take motor amp readings, and understand basic DC motor control.
- Ability to fully troubleshoot drives-DC and AC variable frequency, and communicate technically with outside technical support when needed.
- Ability to fully understand and properly tune the various control loops in the plant including IM/APC systems and weight control equipment.
- Fully competent in electrical noise avoidance-grounding, shielding, etc. (at least two people, each plant)
- Burner system understanding, troubleshooting, and properly tuning (at least two people, each plant).
- Basic skills, pneumatics, hydraulics, mechanical gear.
- Install and repair complex industrial equipment.
- Helps to maintain all plant electrical and electronic systems
- Assist in the development of PM and Predictive maintenance program for all motors and panels.
- Diagnose malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken components.
- When appropriate or when plant decides lead efforts for electrical root cause analysis.
- Helps with electrical training of other maintenance personnel.
- Help coordinate electrical training program and efforts for the plant.
- Complies with good housekeeping practices on the job, insures work areas are clean, and picked up after each job completion.
- Replaces faulty electrical components of machine such as relays, switches, motors, and position sensing devices.
- Tests malfunctioning machinery and discusses malfunction with other maintenance workers.
- Be lead person for electrical downtime and trouble shooting
- Establish a program to monitor all critical motor in the plant.
- Follows all environmental compliance polices & programs.
- Works as instructed with outside contractors.
- Be a lead person for all electrical projects and installation that are maintenance responsibility.
- Be maintenance contact person on automation projects.
- Willing to attend annual training for new or improved electrical & PLC systems.
- Complies with safety requirements and notifies management of noted exceptions.
- Comply with all plant rules
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain a clean and orderly work area
- All other duties as assigned or needed
- Regular attendance on site and ability to rotate to varying shifts
Skills and Abilities
- Basic Computer Skills
- Basic Blueprint & Schematic reading
- Basic Welding
- Able to think under pressure and make quick decisions
- Ability to work well in a team or alone
- Able to communicate in English
- Good attention to detail
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- PLC Training
- Preferably seven years experience in related maintenance trade or occupation that involved electrical and electronic components in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have the ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal direct supervision with drive toward accomplishment, and to produce high quality work.