RNs with CHI Saint Joseph Health, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, have a variety ofskills from clinical to project management. Their ability to multitask and consistently deliver high quality care makes them some of the most well-rounded nurses caring for our patients. Keen assessment skills, critical thinking, and a sense of urgency attribute to their success.
As a Nurse , you will advance your career by providing care to patients funneled in from other units in the medical center which will quickly acquaint you with a variety of injuries, treatment options, and disease states. This provides you with the education and experience to advance your nursing career in specialized service lines such as cardiac, telemetry, orthopedics, neurology, critical care, surgical services, and emergency.
You appreciate that you will rarely have the same day twice and you thrive in a fast-paced clinical environment. Your documentation and communication is thorough, adding value to the whole nursing team. You position your teammates to do his, her, or their best work- benefiting your shared patients by
ensuring a smooth transition at shift change when you give report.
You have a talent for planning and coordinating which patients and their loved ones appreciate. You have the ability to think critically, creatively, and unconventionally when necessary. Project management is a natural talent as you will coordinate care between multiple patients while keeping your entire
healthcare team on track with shared goals.
CHI Saint Joseph Health provides you with the same level of care you provide for others. We care about our employees well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Program
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
- Employee Referral Bonuses up to $15,000 (for eligible referrals)
- Sign-on Bonuses up to $15,000 or Education Assistance (loan payoff) up to $24,000 (for eligible positions)
Whether you are an experienced RN ‘who’s seen it all’ or a nurse working toward that, we invite you to join CHI Saint Joseph Health today and experience nursing with us!
CHI Saint Joseph Health supports 5000 active employees, 8 hospitals, specialty clinics, and a Medical Group with more than 200 locations across Central and Eastern KY.
Learn more about CHI Saint Joseph Health’s Awards and Recognitions here:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to RN Supervisor Operating Room
The major focus of this position is the supervision of the patient care environment; supporting the care team. Primary customers include the staff, physicians, patients/families and other members of the health care team. As a member of the leadership team, monitors and maintains clinical standards of care; maintains shift accountability for the assurance of appropriate staffing resources and provision of quality patient care. Acts as and represents Unit leadership when the Nurse Manager is unavailable. Demonstrates knowledge of and delivers care in accordance with the Kentucky Nurse Practice Act. Functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team. Participates in maintaining staff competencies through education, mentoring and role modeling. Supports the Nurse Manager in interviewing and hiring employees; training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and mentoring/coaching employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides direct supervision of personnel practicing on Nursing Units, makes patient care assignments, evaluates assignments, facilitates patient throughput, and directly observes staff performance.
2. Proactively matches existing resources seeking ways to provide patient care that supports staff and maintains a therapeutic environment
3. Monitors productivity and assures that staffing and resources are aligned with patient care needs.
4. Communicates personnel related concerns to Unit Manager.
5. Uses a logical, systematic approach to problems and problem-solving.
6. Key Tasks (to include development, implementation, facilitation, support, collaboration, etc.)
7. Maintains Unit Professional standards.
8. Maintains confidentiality of information of the department.
9. Contributes to the efficient operation of the department.
10. Other duties as assigned by management. Qualifications
Required Education for Staff Job Levels
- BSN Degree OR ADN with 3 years of RN experience.
Required Licensure and Certifications
- Current RN license in the State of Kentucky. See attached grid for required certifications.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 2 years RN experience required.
- Minimum of 1 year RN-Charge experience required.
- Equivalent leadership capabilities will be considered in lieu of the leadership experience requirement based on executive leadership approval.
- Must be able to demonstrate advanced skills and abilities of a registered nurse, practicing within the nursing scope of practice.
- Must have ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Also, be able to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and deliver successful results.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills and must be moderately advanced with experience in handling complex situations and conflicts.
- Microsoft Office, Clinical Documentation, Payroll system
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Emergency Handling