Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are currently looking for an experienced and highly motivated individual to fill the position of IT Expert within the Digital Workplace department located in The Woodlands, TX .
A successful candidate will ultimately be responsible for:
- Develop strong customer relationships with the business users to identify strengths, weaknesses, and oppotunites.
- Partner with the business to roll out new technologies, applications, and tools that will positvely improve the IT user experience.
- Troubleshoot problem areas in a timely manner ensuring clear and effective communication throughout the cycle of support, providing end-user assistance where required
- Logging and tracking all incidents and service requests into company provided tools. Work with users through a series of actions to help set up systems or resolve issues. Working continuously on a task until completion or escalating to the next level support, when appropriate.
- Installing, configuring, and supporting computer hardware, operating systems, and applications. Includes PC hardware, peripherals, software, and IT equipment, data room equipment, cabling, printing, and replacing parts as required.
- Keep local assigned sites informed of upcoming activities. Keep customer base informed of changes and issues with the IT environment. Work with IT groups to stay current on changes, initiatives, problems and experiences seen across the enterprise
- Must be capable of providing proper documentation and knowledge transfer, such as maintaining and providing solution documentation to other team members, IT and business areas, detailing hardware installations, logically storing project files, and cross-training.
- Model a strong work ethic and take the lead on a variety of support initiatives. Be flexible and willing to adapt to changing business requirements. Continuously learn technologies, customer business needs, and apply techniques to customer needs.
- Conduct formal and informal end-user training on the use of various applications and hardware.
- Physically able to maneuver IT hardware; including servers, UPS and batteries when necessary.
- Troubleshoot IT related issues offshore on production & drilling facilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or other relevant discipline or 5 or more years of relevant IT experience working offshore.
- Valid driver’s license with no restrictions that would prohibit driving a company vehicle.
- Available for afterhours IT support as needed.
- Willing to travel offshore GOM
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong work ethic with attention to detail.
- Must have troubleshooting skills and knowledge to provide support within Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, IT infrastructure, hardware, software, WAN/LAN & Wireless, printing, scanning, audio-visual, computing, security surveillance, 2-way radio communications & Fiber, KU & C Band VSAT.
- Communication skills (written and verbal). Ability to work well with people and assess needs. Must be able to communicate professionally with people both inside & outside the organization, which may include business stakeholders, vendors, and business partners.
- Must have a strong customer service spirit with experience in providing IT support in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Must be able to plan and prioritize daily tasks with excellent organizational skills including accurate records keeping and proper documentation.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, follow processes, policies; including environmental & safety, and act as a contributing member of a team environment.
- Experience with Project Management. Ability to manage projects as well as a resource for projects.
Relocation: Will not be offered at this time
Occidental does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Requirements
- Computer Architectures