To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Richmond, VA
- Vaco - Richmond
- Phone: 804-545-4586
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Tax Accountant - Richmond, VA - $75k-$85k + bonus
Vaco Financial • Richmond, VA
Posted 2 months ago
Vaco Financial specializes in the permanent placement of accounting and finance professionals of all levels and industries. We have a team of experienced accounting professionals on staff that makes it their responsibility to educate you on the market, present you with job opportunities to explore, and ensure that the right decision is made regarding your future career. We pride ourselves in providing you with a professional and confidential search. Please visit our website to see a sample of the positions we are currently recruiting for.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Tax Accountant position for a large, reputable Richmond based Corporation
Salary: $75k-$85k plus bonus potential
- Responsible for federal income tax and state income tax compliance functions and ensuring the accurate and timely filing of all income tax returns. Responsibilities include maintaining and managing the federal and state income tax compliance software as well as e-filings of income tax returns.
- Ensure the accuracy of estimated and extension income tax payment calculations and the timely filing of the related returns, vouchers, and electronic funds transfers.
- Prepare or perform first level review of US portion of tax provision to ensure timely and accurate preparation and reporting of GAAP and annual tax provision
- Research and analysis related to complex tax issues reflected on the federal consolidated income tax return, including consolidated return issues, and tax accounting issues.
- Perform assigned projects involving research and planning to minimize the Company's federal and state income/franchise tax burdens, including working with consultants on such projects.
- Assist with state income tax audits by state taxing agencies.
- Account for income taxes, including tax provision preparation and calculations, tax account analysis and reconciliation, and tax budget preparation.
- Develop and maintain broad and in-depth technical knowledge and skills in the federal and state income tax fields that are necessary to effectively manage the Company's tax compliance and tax planning functions.
- Resolve income tax related issues as they relate to the accounting general ledger and for income tax related journal entries.
- Develop processes and utilize technologies and other resources to ensure the Income Tax Team is in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA and/or Masters in Tax preferred
- 3+ years of income tax experience at a public accounting firm or in a corporate tax department
- Strong federal and state income tax technical skills
- Strong analytical abilities and research skills and
- Ability to interact effectively with peers, auditors and various levels of management
- Solid leadership skills and ability to prioritize
Our client offers a competitive benefit package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and PTO.
Please e-mail a Word.doc version of your resume to cvanschaften at vaco for review and consideration.