Motor Coach Industries (MCI) is North America's public and private market motor coach leader, building the J4500 (the industry best-seller for 13 consecutive years), the all-new 35-foot J3500 model, and the workhorse D-Series including the breakthrough ADA-accessible MCI D45 CRT LE Commuter Coach offering lower dwell times for individuals in a wheelchair or in need of assistance to board the bus. MCI will add battery-electric propulsion in 2020. With nearly 30,000 MCI coaches on the road, MCI also provides maintenance, repair, 24-hour roadside assistance, parts supply through NFI Parts, and technician training through the industry's only Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) accredited MCI Academy. Further information is available at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Shop Supervisor - Pembina.
This position provides front line supervision to the department within a unionized manufacturing environment. Ensures employees adhere to company policies and procedures. Ensures work is carried out in accordance with MCI’s health, safety and environment protocols. Provides communication link to senior management and ensures objectives are met to achieve business goals.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Ensure employees perform work safely and in compliance with MCI’s policies and practices. Proactively address H&S/E issues.
- Direct department activities and ensure production is in accordance with customer requirements, TAKT times and LEAN manufacturing practices. Implement improvements within the department via Kaizen events as required.
- Ensure work meets quality standards. Review non-conforming materials with the Material Review Board. Follow through on quality issues by identifying root cause and recommending solutions.
- Monitor and provide department budget compliance updates to management as applicable.
- Direct, assign work and coach production employees. Verify that employees possess the necessary training, skills and authorization to perform tasks.
- Manage employee performance to maximize effectiveness set against the TAKT time.
- Provide guidance to employees on work requirements, expectations and effective perfomance and compliance with Company policies, procedures and practices including: Plant Rules, Plant Health & Safety Rules, Attendance, Human Rights, and others as applicable. Address issues through MCI’s corrective action process.
- Ensure compliance with terms of Collective Bargaining Agreement. Respond and address employee/labor relations matters as appropriate.
- Ensure equipment is maintained and processes are carried out in compliance with Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) policies and procedures. Lead investigations and enforce compliance as required.
- Maintain and enforce department standards of neatness, order and cleanliness.
- Carry out other projects or initiatives aimed at advancing MCI’s business effectiveness.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Grade XII education level or equivalent. Business, Supervisory, Management courses or similar training an asset.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Must have demonstrated a record of dependability and solid work ethic.
- Project management, conflict management skills an asset.
- Ability to travel to our Ft. Garry site in Canada if needed.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM:
- Full Employer paid healthcare premiums for yourself and your family
- 4 days work weeks - enjoy a three day weekend, every week of the year.
- No mandatory overtime
- Employee social committee organizes numerous events throughout the year, including summer barbecues and holiday festivities.
We exist to move people. Our mission is to design and deliver exceptional transportation solutions that are safe, accessible, efficient and reliable.
ABOUT NFI GROUP:
With over 8,900 team members operating from more than 50 facilities across ten countries, NFI is a leading independent global bus manufacturer providing a comprehensive suite of mass transportation solutions under brands: New Flyer® (heavy-duty transit buses), Alexander Dennis Limited (single and double-deck buses), Plaxton (motor coaches), MCI® (motor coaches), ARBOC® (low-floor cutaway and medium-duty buses), and NFI Parts™. NFI buses and motor coaches incorporate the widest range of drive systems available including: clean diesel, natural gas, diesel-electric hybrid, and zero-emission electric (trolley, battery, and fuel cell). In total, NFI now supports over 105,000 buses and coaches currently in service around the world. NFI common shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol NFI. News and information are available at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Shop Supervisor - Pembina, [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Shop Supervisor - Pembina, [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Shop Supervisor - Pembina, [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Shop Supervisor - Pembina, [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Shop Supervisor - Pembina, [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Shop Supervisor - Pembina and [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Shop Supervisor - Pembina.
Corrective And Preventive Actions
Employee Performance Management
Coaching And Mentoring