Glass Route Driver - position duties
Seeking dependable, responsible team player with good work ethic and communication skills for a full time Route Driver position. This position will collect glass recycling from residential accounts with pickup. Must have valid drivers license and clean driving records for three years.
Who We Are –
We are a local, family-owned business with deep roots in the Eugene community. We have been serving the needs of Eugene for over 43 years and are dedicated to keeping the neighborhoods we serve clean and green so that Eugene remains a special place to live. We believe in taking care of our customers and employees and have built a work culture around providing work-life balance and open communication. Here at Apex, our employees are known by their first name and are valued for their contribution to our mission to serve the community.
Why work for us?
Check out our Indeed reviews - Score 4.6 stars
- A company you can grow with - advancement opportunities
- Great wages and benefits
- Family-owned company that cares about our employees
- Friendly, helpful co-workers
- Work environment of respect and open communication
Job Benefits –
- Five-day work week – 40 hours per week; some overtime may apply
- Medical, dental, & life insurance coverage for employee - $500 deductible
- Medical and dental coverage available for dependents – company pays 80% of dependent coverage
- Uniforms and safety PPE provided
- Annual bonuses possible for meeting performance benchmarks
- Retirement plan
Required Experience & Abilities-
- Must ensure accounts are serviced quickly without leaving any messes
- Safely drive and load glass from recycle bins into pickup from residential accounts throughout daily service area.
- Will unload glass into storage box at company shop.
- Will perform daily inspection of vehicles driven.
- Will perform daily maintenance on dumper of garbage truck.
- Report any vehicle defect needing correction to shop coordinator.
- Ensure recycling storage areas at company shop are kept clean and organized.
- Must be able to pass DOT drug screen test
- Valid driver license and clean driving record for past three years
- Meet company driving standards and comply with fleet safety policy
- Work independently in absence of supervision
- Understand and follow work orders and other oral or written instructions
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationship with those contacted in the course of work
- Communicate with all levels of personnel and management using good verbal and written skills
- Knowledge of safe work practices
- Ability to work varied shifts depending on assignment
Education or Equivalent Experience –
- Must be able to lift 30-60 lbs load consistently all day
- Work safely at fast pace all day
- Must exit pickup at each account to manually load glass into pickup bed.
- Typically requires high school diploma or equivalent
- At least two years of truck driving experience. Formal training may be substituted for some required experience
- Salary Range - $19.60 - 21.96 per hour. Medical, dental and life insurance benefits after complete probationary period.
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Self Motivation
- Team Working
- Work Orders