Radian is still hiring!! We have embraced the work from home scenario during this time and our staff are fully working and business continues to grow!
This position will manage the Settlement Services Customer Service Team. The Customer Service Team is responsible for assisting and supporting the Settlement Operations Team in fielding all customer service inquiries, managing the closing mailboxes, and providing prompt and concise responses to customers to resolve customer inquiries. The Customer Service Manager will be responsible for assisting the team with critical escalations. The Customer Service Manager will ensure the team is providing the highest level of service delivery to all customers and will act as a role model to the Customer Service Specialists. The Customer Service Manager will provide direction for the department, recommend technology enhancements, and will strive to become a subject matter expert in the closing process. The customer service manager will monitor daily activities, improve the team work flow and assist in the development of the departmental IT Initiatives and workflow enhancements. The Customer Service Manager will coordinate efforts to improve response turn times, maintain SLA’s and oversee investigations that require responses from departments outside of settlement services.
What You Will Do:
- Provide coaching, feedback, counseling, and monitor the development of the assigned Customer Service Specialists.
- Conduct interviews for potential employees, makes hiring recommendations and coordinate new hire training.
- Monitor incoming volume with a focus on improving first call resolution, evaluate and perform root cause analysis on issues, recommend solutions, and lead corrective initiatives.
- Provides direction to team in coordination with VP of Settlement Services. Direct workflow changes, activities, monitor daily SLA’s and customer service levels.
- Handles elevated customer issues, questions, and works with internal Radian departments to provide the highest level of service delivery.
- Has a proactive and strategic approach to problem analysis and resolution.
- Continuously look for opportunities for department-wide process improvements and makes recommendations to management.
- Understands when to escalate and/or inform the VP of Settlement Service on elevated issues.
- Keeps management informed on patterns and trends of department activities that could impact service delivery.
- Conduct quality assessments which include monitoring the team’s proficiency in typing, grammar, and verbal communication and objective performance feedback to the Specialists when required.
- Performs performance reviews, collaborates with the Specialists on yearly goals, and provides feedback on quarterly ranking.
- Completes managerial duties of time sheet reconciliation and approve and manages team time off to ensure there is no impact to service levels
Who We Are Looking For:
- Extensive industry knowledge in Mortgage or Banking with a focus on customer service and call center background
- Position requires an IT background with experience working with and expanding the technology capabilities for both Customer Service and the supporting business units the department interacts with daily.
- Extensive knowledge in Microsoft Office, simple and/or new technologies, systems capabilities/limitations, management and workflow.
- Demonstrated ability to look for solutions to eliminate manual processes, streamline existing processes and improve workflow.
- ResWare experience preferred.
- Strong analytical skills, solutions oriented, process oriented with an understanding of the importance that its people, processes and technology that deliver Best In Class service
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage resources, pipeline, analyze reports and identify departmental and customer reporting needs.
- Call center experience is required, ability to manage multiple queues and change queues
- Ability to work independently, take initiative when necessary with excellent follow through skills. Excellent written and verbal communication is essential
- Demonstrated supervisory leadership skills. Ability to write performance reviews objectively.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and attention to detail is essential.
- Must be able to interact with all levels of management and have flexibility with hours of operation.
Other Position Parameters:
- Demonstrated people and customer service skills.
- Understands the correlation between associate satisfaction and customer service delivery.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to multi-task, prioritize and is goal oriented.
- Strong work ethic, acts professionally at all times, with a no problem attitude.
Prior Work Experience
- Technical: 5 - 8 years
- Supervisory: 3 - 5 years
Education and Credentials
- Required: Associate/Technical Degree
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree, Concentration in BS degree or equivalent work experience.
Why Work with Us
Our Company Makes an Impact. We’ve been recognized by multiple organizations, like being included on Bloomberg’s [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Customer Service Manager, being honored as a [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Customer Service Manager by HousingWire, pledging to PwC’s [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Customer Service Manager commitment, and receiving the [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Customer Service Manager from the MBA’s Open Door’s Foundation.
Rest and Relaxation. Generous time off starting day one, 9 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday in support of our I&D culture.
Health Benefits. Multiple medical plan choices, including HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision.
Prepare for your Future. 401(k) with a top of market company match (did we mention the company match is immediately vested?!)
Paid Parental Leave. An opportunity for all new parents to embrace this exciting change in their lives.
Employee Assistance and Discount Programs. From helping you navigate the healthcare system, to providing resources and assistance to parents and caregivers of children with developmental disabilities, to scoring discounts with thousands of retailers.
Pet Insurance. To help protect our furry family members.
Radian complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a person with a disability and need assistance in the application process please send an e-mail message to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Customer Service Manager.
Hardworking And Dedicated
Attention To Detail
Process Improvements (Business)