Extraordinary Care. Extraordinary Careers.
With the nation’s largest home infusion provider, there is no limit to the growth of your career.
Option Care Health, Inc. is the largest independent home and alternate site infusion services provider in the United States. With over 6,000 team members including 2,900 clinicians, we work compassionately to elevate standards of care for patients with acute and chronic conditions in all 50 states. Through our clinical leadership, expertise and national scale, Option Care Health is re-imagining the infusion care experience for patients, customers and employees.
At Option Care Health we recognize that part of being extraordinary is supporting and building a workforce that is as diverse as the patients and communities we serve.
Join a company that is taking action to develop a culture that is more inclusive, respectful, engaging and rewarding for all team members. We are committed to hiring, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Job Description Summary:
Responsible for performing various warehouse functions including assembling and packaging deliveries, rotation of inventory, and data entry of patient information. May also be responsible for managing efficient and timely delivery of medication and supplies to patient homes, ambulatory infusion suite or other site of service. Assists with ordering, receiving and stocking incoming shipments.
*This is a Part-Time position. The hours are: Mon/Tues 3-8pm and Wed-Friday 2-8pm.
- Develops positive working rapport with courier service where applicable. Understands their operations regarding response time, delivery protocol, after hours service, compliance with Federal, State and Local regulations as well as HIPAA and ACHC
- When applicable, maintains assigned vehicle in a clean and orderly condition, both inside and outside; informs supervisor of mechanical problems. Develops alternate delivery plan in the event of emergency breakdowns
- Gathers and checks compounding material prior to its entry into the clean room
- Compounds sterile preparations as needed
- Checks final product for particulate matter and container integrity prior to presenting to pharmacist for final check
- Labels compounded sterile preparations when state regulations permit
- Checks ancillary supplies
- Picks/packs supplies
Develops efficient territory management and delivery zones. Coordinates with customer service and Pharmacy to facilitate timely processing of delivery tickets and compounding documents. Assures most cost effective method of delivery is utilized. Tracks and trends lead time for delivery tickets. Coordinates with Pharmacy Technicians to prioritize mix schedule to create efficient deliveries and meet time commitments
Utilizes delivery/warehouse best practices. Maintains safe work environment and practices. Tracks and trends cost per delivery
Assists in orienting new warehouse team members
Participates in Inventory Count Process through final reporting
Maintains warehouse in safe manner
Facilitates efficient workflow processes and stocking of inventory
Assembles and prepares patient deliveries
Receives and stocks incoming orders
Performs routine maintenance, testing and cleaning of returned equipment
Performs inventory control on products. Rotates stock as necessary. Notifies appropriate personnel of stock shortages in a timely manner
Accurately compiles ordered medication, supplies, equipment and associated documentation in preparation for delivery; obtains supervisory cross-check of accuracy of compiled order
Each employee is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of the Company. Each employee must be made aware of and understand proper internal control procedures associated with their specific job function as communicated by his/her manager
Each employee is responsible for reporting concerns that he or she may have with respect to deficiencies in internal control.
Performs other duties as assigned
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? No
(i.e. hiring, recommending/approving promotions and pay increases, scheduling, performance reviews, discipline, etc.)
BASIC EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must have valid driver’s license and maintain a driving record which meets company’s standards and must have auto insurance in effect at all times.
Meets all state requirements for a Pharmacy Technician , which may be registration, licensure or certification
TEXAS REQUIREMENT: Registered Pharmacy Technician preferred; Pharmacy Technician in training requiredOHIO REQUIREMENT: Pharmacy technicians must be certified in order to engage in compounding sterile preparations, or to package or label any type of drug
- Remains aware of the supervisory pharmacist’s role and responsibility for the integrity of medications during preparation, storage and shipping
- Knowledge of geography serviced by the Pharmacy, traffic patterns and drive times
- Understating of all service options and delivery time commitments
- Knowledge of accreditation standards and requirement
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with branch departments
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret operational logistics functions appropriate to duties and responsibilities assigned. Ability to operate information systems, follow policy, complete required forms, and prepare reports.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to identify problems, collect data, establish facts and contribute toward valid conclusions.
This job has no travel requirements.
- Associate’s degree preferred.
- One (1) year experience in Warehouse/Distribution/Inventory and Healthcare preferred.
Option Care Health subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
Packaging And Labeling