Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services\u2014from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance\u2014with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors.
Our Core Values
Every decision we make is guided by our core values. By upholding these six principles, we support our clients, employees, and community. They are the compass we follow as we continue to grow our business and lead the industry.
Quality \u2013 We provide high-quality deliverables and services through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and continuous improvement.
Accountability \u2013 Our actions demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect.
Our People \u2013 We value diverse perspectives, encourage professional growth, and are committed to providing a work community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but rewarding.
Our Clients \u2013 We deliver value and exceed our clients\u2019 expectations through outstanding customer service, personal accessibility, and clear communication.
Innovation \u2013 Since 1891, we have invested in the people, training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a constantly changing world.
Meaningful Impact \u2013 We make a positive impact in the communities where we work and live.
Our electric power generation clients are updating and replacing the power plant control systems with new digital control systems. This is expanding work in the Instrumentation and Controls Engineering group.
You will work on major process controls engineering projects for upgrades and modifications to nuclear power plants in the following areas:
- Digital Systems -- PLC, DCS, Touchscreen displays, network switches and control systems
- Functional Requirement and Procurement Specifications for instrumentation and control systems for nuclear power plants
- Process instrumentation replacement evaluation reports and nuclear modification packages
- Mechatronics, Control Systems for pumps, valves, heat exchangers, steam turbines and reactors to improve the functionality of the client\u2019s plant
- Attend client meetings and perform site walkdowns to ensure the client is satisfied with our work product
- Provide guidance as a mentor in the development of less experienced nuclear instrumentation and controls design engineers
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Essential skills and experience:
- A BS or MS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an ABET Engineering Accreditation Commission-approved program with coursework in instrumentation, mechatronics and process controls design engineering is required
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in design engineering for process control systems; Experience in design engineering for nuclear power plant control system is preferred
- Experience with controls system design including applications for low and medium voltage distribution systems and controls for equipment including but not limited to turbines, pumps, feedwater control, and data displays.
- Experience with power plant instrumentation and controls systems design for either BWR of PWR reactors, including DCS for turbine, control, feedwater control, and data display.
- Technically knowledgeable of available equipment and proven pre-engineered systems to execute systems design
- Experience in reviewing design drawings created by others.
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.
- Control Systems
- Design Engineering
- Energy Production
- Functional Design
- Heat Exchanger