You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Claims Adjuster Trainee
As a claims adjuster trainee, youll learn how to help customers get back on the road after an accident. This is not a field position which means youll be building relationships with customers over the phone. In a fast-paced environment, youll learn how to resolve a full case load of claims efficiently while managing the claims process from start to finish. Youll have the support of a collaborative team and ongoing coaching from leaders. Well also teach you the insurance stuff - providing in-depth training on property damage and insurance contracts so you can confidently and independently adjust claims.
This is a hybrid role, which means youll work in-office two days that are selected by local leadership and choose where you want to work the other three days, whether thats at home or in the office, for a training period of about 12 weeks. After graduating from training, youll be expected to report to an office about four days per month for important meetings, training, and collaboration. In this hybrid work environment, youll be supported by your leaders and tenured colleagues to develop relationships, establish connections, and share practices that are important to your development. If you prefer an in-office environment, youre welcome to work in the office more than four days per month.
Duties & responsibilities (upon completion of training)
- Determine coverage
- Determine liability (whos at fault for the damages)
- Interview customers, claimants, and witnesses
- Partner with appraisers/estimators to manage vehicle repairs
- Negotiate with customers and other insurance carriers and resolve claims
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Instead of a degree, a combined total of five years post-secondary and/or relevant work experience
Schedule: Monday through Friday with rotating Saturdays. Hours may be 8:00 am to 5:00 pm or 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Once you complete training and pass any necessary testing requirements, your salary will be $48,000-$53,000/year, however, during training, youll be paid hourly based on your annual salary.
- Gainshare bonus up to 16% of your eligible earnings based on company performance
- An additional 10% when you work evening or weekend hours
- 401(k) with dollar-for-dollar company match up to 6%
- Medical, dental & vision, including free preventative care
- Wellness & mental health programs
- Health care flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, & life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid & unpaid sick leave where applicable, as well as short & long-term disability
- Parental & family leave; military leave & pay
- Diverse, inclusive & welcoming culture with Employee Resource Groups
- Career development & tuition assistance
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Claim Processing
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 208431
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.