To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
- Vaco - Birmingham
- Phone: 205-414-9599
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Vaco Staffing • Birmingham, AL
Posted 2 months ago
Vaco is working with a large, Birmingham-based organization to identify a Multistate Payroll Specialist. Our client processes all payroll in house and is adding this position due to recent growth. The Payroll Specialist will be reporting to the Controller and will often interact with executive management.
- Performs a wide variety of record keeping and multistate payroll processing activities, including computing wage and overtime payments, calculating and recording retroactive payments, increases, vacation/sick time accruals, payroll labor allocations and payroll deductions.
- Process semi-monthly and bi-weekly payroll with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness.
- Process payroll manual checks for outstanding payroll checks, payroll advances, lost/stolen checks, late time sheets, etc.
- Maintain updated worksheet/log records for Faculty Contracts, Advance Pay, Gift Deductions, and Manual Checks.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- All applicants much have 3+ years of experience preparing payroll, preferably using ADP.
- Ability to effectively act as lead and work as a team member.
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail and follow through to resolve any outstanding issues.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of applicable local, state and federal payroll and related tax laws, regulations and Skill in preparing detailed reports.
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH REQUIRED EXPERIENCE WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Benefits to working with Vaco: Through no cost to you, working with Vaco recruiters gives you an advantage over your competition. In the local market, Vaco partners with most companies to fill their accounting and finance needs. In most cases, our recruiters will have a relationship with the human resources manager or the hiring manager directly. Instead of being another faceless resume, with Vaco, you have an advocate to get you the opportunities that you want. Your recruiter will promote your strengths and assets to the employer, connecting the dots between your work experience and the open job. Choosing to use Vaco means you are more prepared for your interviews. Through the relationships with the client and history of working with each company, you will be prepared thoroughly for each interview - history of the company, background on the people that you will meet, and in some cases examples of interview questions to prepare. Our recruiters will be able to provide great insight about trends in the market - keeping you up to date on compensation expectations, company culture and growth opportunities. Visit us on Facebook, Twitter and at our LinkedIn page to learn more about available positions and updates.
DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF RESUMES PLEASE NOTE YOU DO NOT NEED TO APPLY IF YOU HAVE RECENTLY SUBMITTED TO ANOTHER VACO POSTING. YOUR QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR ALL OPEN VACO OPPORTUNITIES.
Your resume will never be submitted to a client company without your prior knowledge and consent to do so. #ATR