To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- South San Francisco, CA 94080
- Doan Phung
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Labware Technician (S. San Francisco, CA)
Kelly Scientific Resources • South San Francisco, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Labware Technician (S. San Francisco, CA)
We are proud to offer an exciting temp. opportunity to work as a Labware Technician at an innovative, entrepreneurial and well-known Pharmaceutical company located in the South San Francisco. Join this team of employees who are helping to improve healthcare by developing and manufacturing pharmaceutical products that positively affect the lives of patients. Temporary Assignment for 10 months (this role will most likely extend up to 3 years) Pay Rate: $19/hour Full-Time Position and Candidates must be flexible to work any shifts (day or night shifts), including weekends! Requires overtime as needed.
- Shifts are 12 hour shifts, alternating 3 days and 4 days a week and can be either be day (7 am to 8 pm) or night shift (7 pm to 8 am). Flexibility is a must!
Duties: Support the Lab Services department by working effectively within the group to meet department goals, objectives, and tasks to achieve desired results. Responsible for completing assigned tasks, which include cleaning, sterilizing, and prepping labware. Have knowledge of basic computer applications (Microsoft Word, Excel). Adhere to SOPs, cGMPs and other established procedures. Prioritize tasks and assignments to maximize efficiency and productivity. Assigned Work and Support Tasks:
- Ensure distribution satellites are maintained with required inventory levels utilizing FIFO (First In-First Out).
- Assist Lab Services Technicians as necessary.
- Update labware deliveries on request system daily and complete assigned support tasks on time.
- Provide routine updates to Supervisor/leads on progress, status, and issues associated with labware delivery and stock inventory status.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives and 5S as assigned.
- Adjust to schedule changes, work overtime as necessary and float between groups as needed to support operations.
- Ensure that all work is completed by end of day. Utilize time wisely to maximize productivity.
- Serve as a liaison between customers and lab staff.
- Communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Meet timeline commitments and inform others of status, issues, and customer requests as necessary.
- Be punctual.
- Adheres to appropriate laws, GNE regulations and programs, and GMP documentation procedures.
- Adhere to safety. Follow safety guidelines as required for your area.
- Maintain own training through CHRIS LSO and attend at least 1 GMP training course per year. Complete training records in a timely manner.
- May operate lab process equipment as necessary.
- Will drive a company vehicle
Skills: Competencies: Collaboration and Teamwork People demonstrating this competency have a drive to work with peers, partners, and others, including individuals outside their own team and functional area to positively impact business performance and optimize the input of those involved.
- Looks for opportunities to help others
- Constructively accepts decisions made that are different than own view
- Demonstrates respect and appreciation for diversity of perspectives and approaches among colleagues
- Maintains professionalism in the presence of conflict
- Offers productive and relevant views and information to impact decisions Driving for Results People demonstrating this competency drive for the achievement and improvement of business results, such results being broader in nature and with greater business impact at higher levels in the organization.
- Responds to new requests with appropriate urgency and an organized approach * Holds self-accountable to fulfill assigned tasks and achieve results within timelines
- Asks for additional responsibilities or assignments when able
- Analyzes and learns from mistakes
- Must have at least an Associate's Degree in Life Sciences with some experience or a Bachelor's Degree with no experience.
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations— providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.