Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
Reporting to a Director/General Manager Level of MAS - Kentucky, this position will support our growing operations and be involved in overseeing and participating in projects from manufacturing readiness levels one through nine with regard to automation, robotics and other technology based improvement projects as well as bring proven experience in the areas of integrating, installing or supporting such systems in a multi-site factory environment.
Job Core Responsibilities
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with operations and facilities management to manage projects similar to those listed above.
- Work in collaboration with director to produce designs and project plans that meet all requirements of operations and customers, with continued support through MRL 9 including support development of any training material needed for new or revised processes.
- Work with third party integrators manage and realize assigned projects
- Maintain and organize status updates on projects for key stakeholders
- Must be capable of designing and troubleshooting automation systems to recommend improvement or mitigation measures with regard to electric, PLC and HMI
- Will be organizing and or participating in process mapping as related to automation and improvement projects.
- The individual in this position will perform any other tasks properly assigned by the director/manager.
- Must be knowledgeable of and produce work in accordance with applicable industry standards as well as being cognizant of latest technologies that may be of interest to the operations teams.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD or other design package as well as advanced user of MS Office line-up.
A successful applicant will be part project manager, part engineer/integrator to support operations capacity and quality improvement initiatives. Travel may be required up to 20% of the year for multi-site project support.
A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering or related discipline is required. In lieu of degree, equivalent experience (i.e. significant experience in designing, installing, implementing and supporting: Automation of HVLP painting, masking and dipping operations, Robotic / Co-bot machine tending, Robotic / Co-bot part handling and processing, Machine connectivity, SCADA, PLC, or similar systems, Manufacturing execution systems, Automated inspection optics, sensors and controls) will be considered.
Previous experience and/or training
A minimum of five (5) years experience in electrical, mechanical or industrial engineering field required. The individual must have strong computer skills, including utilization of various software including AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of manufacturing equipment, facilities support systems and equipment, safety
and environmental practices and regulations is also required. A strong background utilizing
lean tools and experience with various problem solving methods is preferred.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or URL blocked - click to apply.
Java (Programming Language)