To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rockmart, GA 30153
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
MEGGITT • Rockmart, GA
Posted 2 months ago
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Chemist/Materials Engineer provides extended expertise in participating and making recommendations on materials with specific characteristics appropriate for use in a particular application. Develops, processes and tests materials to be used in a variety of products.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Responsible for research, specification, design and development of materials to advance technologies
- Develops a range of material and process improvements for existing products
- Combines or modifies materials in different ways to improve the performance, durability and cost-effectiveness of processes and products
- Works to ensure that products comply with national and international legal and quality standards
- Collaborates with colleagues in manufacturing, technical and scientific support, purchasing and marketing
- Participates in writing technical reports and process specifications; maintains appropriate records of work
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education: Bachelor degree in Chemistry or Materials Science or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Years’ Experience: 3 - 5 years of relevant experience
- Advanced understanding of the properties and behaviors of raw materials
- Experience with analytical equipment such as FTIR, DMA, DSC, and physical properties testing (i.e., INSTRON)
- Excellent ability to apply a systematic and analytical approach to problem solving
- Experience in working with a development team in creating a material for a particular need
- Knowledge of composite material and/or elastomers, manufacturing processes and obsolescence, along with good understanding of regulations such as REACH, etc.
- Excellent understanding of the relationships between properties, structure, processing and performance
- Ability to explain a range of complex technical information
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to drive tasks to completion
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.