Responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing: mechanical, electrical and hydraulic malfunctions on a variety of machinery that includes plastic injection molding machines, thermoforming machinery, extrusion machines and their support machinery.
- Ability to properly troubleshoot and repair complex problems in Hydraulic systems on any machine or equipment.
- Ability to properly troubleshoot and repair complex electrical and electronic problems on any machine or equipment.
- Ability to properly troubleshoot and repair complex PLC’s, programming and I/O problems on any machine or equipment.
- Ability to properly troubleshoot basic refrigeration systems used in the support of the manufacturing process, and/or facilities.
- Installs, modifies programs on automated machinery and equipment such as robots and auxiliary equipment.
- Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metal working tools to make and repair parts.
- Reads blue prints, ladder logic, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics to trouble shoot machines. Make modifications to prints when needed.
- Ability to conceptualize a project/modification, design, plan, organize and implement the project from start to finish.
- Operates cutting torch, and welding equipment to cut or join metal parts. Ability to fabricate structures per drawings.
- Able to use the control systems on equipment and machinery to start , move, test and properly shut down in order to complete work needed.
- Ability to review the operation of equipment before and after repairs and determine degree of repairs needed or success of repairs completed.
- Consults with outside vendors regarding replacement components and repairs needed to equipment and machines.
- Maintain and supports the Preventative Maintenance programs for all types of machines and equipment, including program design and approval, schedule, meeting manufacturing schedules and equipment specifications.
- Observe and comply with all safety rules and regulations including the proper use of personal protective equipment
- Ability to support all aspects of documentation for shift manager if they are out for the day, assignment sheets, KPI reports, emergency log, and variance reports
- Other task, and duties and / or special projects as directed by manager.
- Must have reliable and consistent attendance as well as be punctual and dependable in order to meet the needs of the department and the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.