Vista College is currently hiring a Campus Director for our Beaumont, Texas campus.
To learn more about Vista College please visit our website at www.vistacollege.edu.
Under general direction, directs and oversees the business, fiscal management, and other functions of the branch campus. Serves as the on-site chief administrative officer and ensures that the established policies and procedures of the institution are carried out. Plans, oversees, and coordinates capital and operating expenditures and fiscal systems, and provides leadership and direction in the generation and development of revenue sources for the operation. Directly responsible to the Senior Vice President of Operations (SVPO). DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Directs and oversees activities related to the daily operation of the assigned campus and reports results in a timely and accurate manner.
2. Understands and implements all policies and procedures established for the campus.
3. Monitors and evaluates program effectiveness and suggest changes required for improvement.
4. Designs, establishes, and maintains an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the organization's goals and objectives.
5. Recruits, reviews and evaluates credentials of prospective employees and makes recommendations for employment, firing, training, and supervises and evaluates direct reports as needed.
6. Participates in the annual budgeting process, maintains and supervises the continuity of the College operations per annual plans and budgets.
7. Establishes with community agencies and industry, a rapport conducive to achieving the College’s goals and objectives.
8. Approves agreements or contracts with clinical training sites.
9. Establishes with help of the Advisory Board(s), programs at the College that contributes to the related fields of study in demand in the industry.
10. Recommends to SVPO and participates in the development of new programs or activities which affect the future of the College.
11. Maintains an adequate facility conducive to a positive learning atmosphere.
12. Ensures that all regulatory and accreditation standards are maintained.
13. Proposes and administers the annual campus budget for customer satisfaction, placement, finances, admissions, retention and establishes baselines.
14. Serves as the chair of the College’s operations team and may chair other committee’s within the campus.
15. Partners with all departments on campus to ensure the College’s overall success. Monitors each department’s progress toward goals and makes the necessary adjustments to achieve those goals.
16. Participates in professional development, seminars and activities to enhance professional development.
17. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, or related field is desired with 5 to 7 years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Master’s degree preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have an acceptable driving record.
- Must be professional in all aspects of the position.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written) and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools.
- Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Ability to develop financial plans and manage resources.
- Knowledge of customer service principles, techniques, systems, and standards.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Knowledge of faculty and/or staff hiring procedures.
- Strong computer skills especially in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to negotiate and manage contractual arrangements.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited physical effort required. No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- Some travel required (15%).