We are seeking seasoned IMS and DB2 Systems Programmer. Please note - both IMS and DB2 are required skills. Although DBA (logical / physical) skills are not required, it would certainly be classified as a nice to have.
Very limited travel will be required - 4-5 weeks at the beginning of the engagement and then 4-5 weeks per year thereafter.
- DB2 Systems Programming (installation, diagnosis, upgrades, performance measurement, tuning, etc)
- IMS Systems Programming (installation, diagnosis, upgrades, performance measurement, tuning, etc)
- Excellent IMS/DB2 troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent customer-facing skills
- 7-10 years of IMS and DB2 Systems Programming experience
- SMPE (subsystem and program product) experience
- CA DB2 tools
- BMC IMS tools
- Standard z/OS utilities
- Proven problem determination skills
Nice to have skills:
- Assembler, REXX, CLIST
- DPROP or the like (EDR, RRDF, other replication techniques)
- Informatica bridge to DB2/IMS
Screening Requirements: Must be able to pass 7 year criminal backgroud check and drug screen.
Rate Details: Rate DOE but will generally fall within a range of $50-50 per hour on 1099 for standard and overtime hours. We reimburse all travel and living expenses for your travel.
We do not have a current resume for you - if you are interested, please send us a copy so that we can review and chat with you.
Please - if you are not interested in this position but have friends or peers who may be interested, please feel free to pass this opportunity along to them. We would very much appreciate it and would welcome your friends and peers to our team. Please use the "Share job with others" link on the Dice navigation link.
- provided by Dice
- Ibm Db2
- Performance Management
- Problem Solving
- Rexx (Programming Language)