Since our humble beginnings with 20 employees in 2011, to our current staff of over 400 people, Zoro remains committed to providing an exceptional shopping experience for our customers. We do this by providing an endless assortment of products, free shipping, no-hassle returns and outstanding service from people who care. If you want to be a part of building something special, Zoro is the company for you.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying and recruiting prospective B2B wholesale and distribution companies to support Zoro in building the leading, business-focused product assortment that allows our customers to find more, do more and be more.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, evaluate, and prioritize potential wholesale & distribution partners that will allow Zoro to rapidly build the leading B2B product assortment to be merchandised on our ecommerce platform. Establish strong relationships with prospective partners and create opportunities to discuss how Zoro can create significant value for them in digital channels.
- Communicate, across a range of audiences, from Fortune 500 C-Level executives to highly successful entrepreneurs, Zoro’s ability to rapidly drive meaningful contribution margin for their business.
- Structure and negotiate partnership agreements/contracts with complex terms to build strong strategic partnerships.
- Work with our Product Management & Supply Chain Teams to ensure that we have an effective partner on-boarding process and assist in the hand-off of completed partnership agreements to the business for successful implementation.
- Support regular updates to the Zoro Executive Team on deal pipeline, market dynamics, potential financial opportunities and competitive intelligence.
- Communicate with the Marketing and other internal departments regarding marketplace intelligence, customer information, and other information that would build a strong selling story.
- Meet or exceed annual goals and operate within annual budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- 10 years experience in selling, partnership management and/or business development.
- Successful track record in identifying, negotiating, structuring, competing and implementing joint partnership agreements.
- Experience within B2B wholesale and distribution channels desired.
- Ability to identify and build rapport with different levels within a target organization, recognize decision making styles, overcome objections and build strong business cases.
- In-depth understanding of ecommerce and how digital channels can create competitive advantage for wholesale and distribution companies.
- Strong financial acumen and the ability to communicate complex deal economics in a clear and compelling manner.
- Ability to develop quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Work requires superior written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Computer skills including building presentations, analyzing data, communicating information, and internet search techniques.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule with extensive travel (up to 40- 50%)
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.