Are you our next Surface Maintenance Person?
We are currently seeking a Surface Maintenance Person for our Carlsbad, New Mexico location. As a Surface Maintenance Person, you will perform maintenance services on all operating equipment within assigned work areas, and perform duties as assigned
What will you do?
What do you need for this role?
- Process equipment troubleshooting, preventive and predictive maintenance activities
- Participate in the Maintenance and Reliability program to maximize plant efficiency
- Communicate and coordinate activities with co-workers and supervisors
- High School Diploma/GED or trade school graduate preferred; currently and/or able to be certified to operate fork lifts, cutting rigs, arc welder and power tools
- Basic knowledge of the Potash plant process and equipment and must clearly articulate an understanding of process interactions, capabilities and constraints
- Must be able to perform a variety of tasks, follow instructions, analyze, monitor, and learn new processes and procedures
- Must be able to read, write, and should have a good understanding of basic mathematics
- Must demonstrate skills in planning, scheduling and exercising independent judgment/decision making
- Must be capable of identifying and correcting problems and demonstrate a willingness to accept responsibility through initiative, leadership and team skills
- Must be team oriented and willing to participate with regard to involvement in plant safety, environmental policies and procedures, production results, product quality and cost performance
- Must be a self-starter and work with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to use the necessary equipment and tools to perform the job duties
- Applicant must be able to distinguish colors
- Candidate's attendance record must demonstrate dependability
- Must wear all personal protective equipment and follow all safety rules and regulations in accomplishing the job functions. Candidate is also responsible for encouraging crew members' compliance with all safety rules and regulations
- Candidate's work record must reflect a high regard for and commitment to safety
- Valid Driver's License is required
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to safely perform the essential functions of the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others
- Able to climb stairs and work at various heights; occasionally work on a platform or basket up to 100 feet off the ground
- Able to lift 25-50 lbs. unassisted and regularly
- Able to frequently stoop, bend, walk climb, kneel etc.
- Able to read, write and understand basic English
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status. We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs! - Apply today and join our team!