At WellStar we all share common goals. That’s what makes us so successful – and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the most integrated healthcare provider in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.Responsibilities
The Post Acute Services Coordinator is responsible for the day to day supervision of the Navigation staff and the seamless transition of patients from inpatient acute care services and MD offices to outpatient or post acute care services. The PAS Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the position of liaison between Care Coordinators, MD offices and other post acute service providers. The PAS Coordinator continuously works with the in-patient and outpatient Care Coordination and hospital team to expedite discharge of patients in a timely and safe manner.
This is a PRN, as needed, position, Registered Nurse Coordinator for Post Acute Services.
- Be available for any Monday - Sunday shifts that are 830-5PM. Must be flexible.
- Once trained this position can work remotely given the different facilities it may cover that day.
- Requires a considerable amount of knowledge of Post-Acute Services (Home Health, Durable Medical Equipment, Hospice, Infusion, SAR). Multiple years of acute care nursing experience.
- Candidate must be flexible. Will be difficult to accommodate candidates that already have a FT position.
- This position screens patients for WellStar Home Health, screens/gathers information from patient record. Speaks with patients/families regarding the home health process and identifies key information needed for care.
Required Minimum Education: Diploma, Associate, or Baccalaureate degree from an accredited school of nursing
State of Georgia license.
Required Minimum Licensure/Certification: Registered Nurse, American Heart Association BLS
Required Minimum Experience: One to three years coordinating post acute services such as Home Health, Home
Medical Equipment, LTAC, Hospice, SNF, etc. Knowledge of eligibility and coverage requirements of post-acute
services. Previous Supervisory experience preferred.
Required Minimum Skills: Strong leadership, communication both written and verbal, problem solving and time
management/organizational skills. Must be able to work independently, maintain a positive attitude and calm
disposition. Proficient computer skills. Knowledge of community resources and post acute regulations
Join us for outstanding benefits and development opportunities. We also offer state-of-the-art technology, professional support and advancement, and colleagues that rank amongst the best in the country.
Step up to your potential. Find out more and apply today!