To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Lead DevOps Engineer
DXC Technology • US-State-CA
Posted 15 days ago
Designs, develops, installs, tests and documents complex database applications software, including server, client, and web components. Contributes to the design and delivery of technical architecture solution components. Provides work guidance to less experienced personnel. Leads development teams in providing flexible reusable components in designs.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides highly complex design documents and translates into component-level designs to accelerate development. Develops strategy, design and data gathering approaches.
- Leads development team efforts to provide flexible reusable components to increase cost effectiveness. Analyzes, designs and reviews design of applications and suites of applications to ensure that customer specifications are satisfied.
- Oversees relationships between application architects and development teams to ensure that product development and implementation are coordinated. Leads product development teams and senior designers in developing design requirements that are accurate and relevant to company needs. Recommends and implements alternative courses of action as appropriate to meet requirement needs.
- Reviews and analyzes gathered information in technical research; evaluates tools and methodologies to ensure that designs adhere to current industry, client and company standards. Develops and provides technical documentation, participates and oversees test-plan development, integration and deployment.
- Oversees business process work sessions, project meetings and joint applications development sessions to ensure that product design decisions are communicated to departmental personnel.
- Functions as a domain expert and works closely with software developers to explain the application design, and coordinates activities between the two functions to enhance product quality and efficiency. Conducts cost analysis studies to determine feasibility of approaches.
- Utilizes experience in development methodologies, coding documentation, testing methodology and industry standards to define and develop project requirements, functional specifications and detailed design of application solutions for clients.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel. Guides the work of less experienced developers to create, maintain and communicate details of application designs to ensure that designs are according to specifications.
- Provides technical consulting on complex projects. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results. Determines and recommends alternative approaches as needed, and implements as appropriate.
- Strong experience in building out a DevOps infrastructure on client site with Hadoop
- Experience with Azure DevOps services (AKS, ACS, Security)
- Ability to lead a team of DevOps engineers responsible for:
- Creating standardized repeatable scripts including container deployment scripts for HDP and HDI / Databricks and other components used for application development
- Building resilient cluster configs with HA and fault tolerance
- Hardening configurations for HELM, Ansible, and Kubernetes
- Creating standard container config deployment images
- Strong analytical, problem solving, creative thinking and design skills at multiple product
- Strong communication skills to communicate with application developers, customers, support personnel and management
- Good mentoring and training skills to guide and direct work of less experienced specialists
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and switch between tasks quickly
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Office environment