Michael Baker International is a leading provider of engineering, development, intelligence and technology solutions with global reach and mobility. The firm offers a comprehensive range of innovative services and solutions in support of federal, state, and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of private development and commercial clients. Michael Baker International’s focus is on the safety and security of people across the world through planning and engineering improvements to infrastructure and the environment, and through protection of our quality of life and freedom in support of national and international security. With more than $1 billion in annual revenue, Michael Baker International has more than 5,000 employees in over 80 offices located across the U.S. and internationally, and is ranked as the 26th largest design firm in the U.S. by Engineering News Record (ENR). Michael Baker International’s Mission is to make a difference by providing innovative solutions to sustain the future and further the safety, security and quality of life for people across the globe by providing the highest level of expertise, unmatched quality and effective project teams for a diverse range of projects and clients. Michael Baker International offers excellent benefit packages that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Additional Paid Time Off, Flex-Time, 401-K Retirement Plan, Tuition Reimbursement and Employee Credit Union. To learn more, please visit us on the web at www.mbakerintl.com . Michael Baker International is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran/e-Verify Employer
WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
Michael Baker International understands that people require choices in where they want to begin to build a sustainable future. For more than 75 years, Michael Baker International has maintained an entrepreneurial work environment that fosters great careers, which ultimately has brought great success to the organization. Michael Baker offers many opportunities to help you grow professionally to build your career. Whether it is in Finance, IT, Human Resources, Technology, Communications, Proposal Production, Legal or our National Practice and Market segments, take your next step with us and help make a difference in the lives of those you work with and those we serve.
Michael Baker International seeks a Proposal Specialist for our Cary, NC office.
The Proposal Specialist will work collaboratively with technical leads to prepare winning proposals, presentations and award submissions. The successful candidate will perform the role of project manager of proposal production efforts, with responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Facilitate kick off meeting to define expectations.
- Identify tasks, assign responsibilities and develop production schedule.
- Assist technical capture manager in developing win themes.
- Experience with NCDOT and SCDOT proposal
- Draft/edit text.
- Schedule reviews.
- Participate in business development meetings.
- Support development of content for proposals.
- Create marketing collateral.
- Communication and coordination with business development and technical staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 to 6 years of experience in the planning, preparation and production of architectural and engineering proposals and qualification packages for government and private clients.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong writing, editing and document organization skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong customer service, organization and conceptual thinking skills, and attention to detail.
- Effective decision making skills.
- Ability to manage, organize, and prioritize multiple projects and meet competing deadlines.
- Familiarity with the AEC industry and government Standard Form 330.
- Familiarity with regional and local proposal submission requirements and procedures.
- Intermediate to expert skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
• Experience with proposal database software Deltek Vision.