Job Description SUMMARY
The Quality Coordinator is a dual-role position assisting the Quality Engineers and Quality Engineering Technician. This position will evaluate customer warranty and non-conformance returns from our customers to determine the cause of failure, record findings, and report findings to the Quality Engineers or Quality Engineering Technician. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Unboxing of returned clutches.
- Evaluation of clutches and reporting using Microsoft Office and SAP at a minimum.
- Disposal of evaluated clutches and packaging according to environmental guidelines.
- Maintaining a clean, orderly work area consistent with Altra Business Systems (ABS) 5S standards.
- Consults with engineers, technicians, and others to understand difficult-to-diagnose failure modes and assist in improving manufacturing processes when applicable.
- Backup for Quality Technicians in the lab as needed.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision to complete projects.
- Willingness to attend training to increase your quality skills.
- Knowledge of Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) use and care.
- Metrology inspection and testing.
Key Performance Metrics
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements Critical Competencies
- Evaluation turnaround time
- 5S Score
Education and Experience Requirements
- Fluent ability to read component and assembly prints, including knowledge of GD&T.
- Proficient in using standard gauges, including but not limited to height gauges, dial indicators, calipers, and micrometers.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability and willingness to communicate and coordinate with other departments.
- Strong desire and capacity for learning and understanding product applications and clutch failure modes.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information in a way others understand using verbal and written skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measurement, use whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Strong computer skills for communication and analysis, including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Access, SAP, databases, and other software and websites as assigned.
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- 1+ years of experience in a production assembly role is required.
An employee must meet the physical demands described here to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 25 pounds, occasionally lift and move up to 40 pounds and stand 75% of the day. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing this job's essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Quality Coordinator
- Business Systems
- Coordinate Measuring Machine (Cmm)
- Ms Access