Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail, and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Principal Financial Analyst – Cost Analyst. This position will support the National Science Foundation (NSF) programs in Boulder, Colorado. The selected candidate will be responsible for the schedule leadership for the project and will work closely with the project management team, the prime contractor and sub-awards.
The selected candidate will assist the development and implementation of an Earned Value Management System (EVMS) compliant with ANSI/EIA 748 and industry standard guidelines. The selected candidate will also generate written and verbal reports and presentations directed to management and customers that describe cost and schedule status, identify and resolve complex issues, and train and mentor junior staff and Control Account Managers (CAMs).
- Develop, maintain, and update project budget, variance against actuals, earned value reporting, and budget change management.
- Candidate must be able to provide data, analysis and reporting to project managers and various levels of management.
- Development and implement cost management standards and procedures.
- Review monthly input for quality/accuracy.
- Perform cost risk analysis.
- Perform schedule, cost health assessments.
- Coordinate budget and scope changes with the Schedule; verify cost and schedule integration.
- Coordinate and conduct project review meetings with CAMs and Project Management.
- Support proposal efforts with cost development.
- Responsible for following process, procedures in accordance with Earned Value Management System (EVMS) compliant with ANSI/EIA 748 and industry standard guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED
- Requires a Bachelors degree and minimum 5 years relevant experience or equivalent years of education and experience.
- Must be a US Person with the ablitiy to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office products and Project Management software, Deltek Cobra and/or MPM, and Plainsware.
- In-depth knowledge of NDIA PMCS Earned Value Management System Intent Guide and EVMS policies and procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate good organization, communication, problem-solving and teamwork skills.
- Flexible with a high commitment to achieve deadlines.
- MBA or other advanced education.
- Professional certifications (PMP, EVP, PSP, etc.).
- Prior government, performance based contracting experience working with validated earned value management systems.
- Construction, operation, and environmental management experience.
- Successfully pass medical screen, including the ability to wear a respirator and other PPE, may involve work in close proximity of toxic chemicals.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle's Legal Department.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit URL blocked - click to apply
Earned Value Management
Multi Processing Modules