The Dispatch Manager /Scrap Metal Buyer is responsible for performing the day-to-day activities of the Dispatch Department and Purchasing in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations governing this facility. The Dispatch Manager will participate with and be directed by the General Manager or Operations Manager to ensure the Dispatch Department is run in a safe, efficient, and proper manner. In addition, the Dispatch Manager/Scrap Metal Buyer will cultivate, develop, and maintain relationships with customers.
Essential Job Duties:
- Schedule drivers on routes daily
- Prioritize and expedite rush or problem tickets that need immediate attention
- Assign and manifest route drivers daily.
- Monitor Fuel reports for loss prevention
- Manage time-off requests and Kronos including pay period signature sheets
- Schedule maintenance on vehicles and or breakdowns with mechanic(s)
- Sign off on bills for maintenance and schedule rentals if needed
- Ensure we are compliant with drivers and paperwork for LKQ and DOT
- Handle discipline issues and any drivers under probation because of their MVR and LKQ points
- Ensure the vehicle Pre and Post checklist is turned in each day
- New hire paperwork for driver (s) and training including LKQU, and DOT
- Providing performance feedback and coaching route personnel
- Maintain relationships with existing internal and external customers
- Acquires new customers through prospecting face-to-face, cold calling, electronic media, and using telephone solicitation.
- Gather appropriate information about the local market concerning prices, competitor information and supply availability.
- Interact with the Operations Department concerning the grading and quality of material being purchase for the facility.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
- Manage the work of others, including planning, assigning, scheduling and reviewing work, ensures quality standards. Responsible for hiring, terminating, training and developing, reviewing performance and administering corrective action for staff.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
- 5+ years of experience
- Prefer some college education
- Must be organized with good verbal communication skills and display a positive and friendly attitude.
- Must provide superior customer service. Ability to adapt to change quickly.
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with Generous Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Cold Calling
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Customer Service